http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: My very own ABCs and 123s

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Sunday, March 05, 2006

My very own ABCs and 123s

After my dance class last Thursday, I had a date with my fellow hiphoppers, Cess and Tita Irene. Although they didn't attend the class (Cess came from work while Tita Irene who is 4 months pregnant couldn't dance as hard as she used to), we all decided to meet for dinner.

Tia Maria's, Katipunan, 6:15 pm.
It felt like I was back in college, meeting up with friends.
At first, it was just me and Cess, eating and blabbing away.

Cess is my ultimate chikahan buddy. She finished her MBA from Ateneo and has been chased by different companies since then. She just recently decided to go back to the corporate world (after focusing on their baby garments business, Blue Parasol, for quite a while). As always, our conversation loomed around different topics --work, career moves, dance, shibashi, surfing, her daily mass, my shirt (Falkirk Falcon), my antics, and other historical events in our lives .

Then Tita Irene came, right on the dot, 7pm.

Tita Irene is my highschool classmate's mom. She's currently pregnant with her 4th child. And as always, she arrived giving us a kiss and a tight hug. Our conversation then moved to her feedbacks about my GamePlanning (she recorded all of them), my Palawan adventure, and how game she is to climb rocks and mountains! She is definitely one of the coolest moms I know. But while she's still pregnant, I think we'll have our swimming sessions first.

I am the youngest among us 3 but I agree with Tita Irene when she said that there seems to be no age difference between us. Both of them are more experienced and knowledgeable about life as compared to me... and I love it coz I learn so much from them. Not only do we dance together, we all cheer and support each other in the different things that we do.

It was my first time to eat in Tia Maria's (Franco & I are not so into Mexican food so we haven't gone there). The food was a bit spicy (ohh yes, red bell peppers & spices et al. I am not into those spicy stuff) but surprisingly, I loved the soft shelled tacos that I ordered. (I wanna try their super burrito next time). The entire dinner was something like how my life has been unfolding before me for the past months -- new experiences, new things that I didn't know I would love, new opportunities, closing doors & opening windows, and the limitless possibilities.

In other words, I am still wondering what the world has to offer or better yet, what I have to offer to the world.

It's a good start.
To re-affirm that the world is not enclosed by walls.
Like Padawan, I'm a living and breathing learner.

Blogger Cat Juan said...

hi there :)

i remember when i first started blogging, one comment from an anonymous person used to excite the hell out of me! haha :)

ot your link from your multiply site since you joined the planetzips site! :) thank you for the support!

enjoy the far-out world of blogging. hope pao can finally introduce us one of these days, preferably when we're all zipping! :)

cheers!

cat

March 07, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Oops! I'm experimenting with my blog. So that's what happens when a comment is deleted? haha. :p
I'll type my msg again :)

* * * * *

Hi Cat :)

wow! yay, thanks for visiting my blog and for your msg :) I think it's the first one I got. And you're right,it did get me excited! haha :)

i added the planetzips site coz i want to try zipping :) It looks fun! hopefully this coming April, I'll get to try it! I'm in this phase of trying out new things. :p

because of the world of blogging, it feels like I've met you already, :p I visited your blog too & i love it! I agree, real skin is in :)

hope to see you and paolo soon, tc!

Lala

* * * * *
hey everyone, feel free to post your comments! thanks :)

March 12, 2006 9:42 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.