http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: quotes i've tumbled upon

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Sunday, March 12, 2006

quotes i've tumbled upon

I was writing my research paper about active and non-active lifestyles a while ago. And I was looking for a quote to start my paper with. I still haven't found the perfect one but I did come across quotes that struck me.

Read on.

For those who feel that they are in the lowest and saddest moments of their lives, I find this quote inspiring.

When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Edward Teller

* * *

I actually keep a copy of this quote inside my wallet. I received a copy of it from Ma'am Mira Ofreneo at the start of one of her classes. It is for all of us who have unanswered questions. Let's live life with wonder!

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer. -Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

* * *

This last quote is what I actually first saw. It's from an ad for Nike, one of my favorite brands. I think ad writers can move & shake people more than what they're credited for. This one's so Nike-ish, love it!

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES." - Nike ad

YES! YES! YES! :-)

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.