http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Whirls & Sshwirls

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Monday, March 06, 2006

Whirls & Sshwirls

Franco came home from Cebu last Friday. And we spent the weekend together attending weddings. One on a Saturday night and the other on a Sunday afternoon.

The first one was Fritz and Denise's (a.k.a. the preschoolers' prom night :p). It's one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to. I love the flowers (white tulips). I love the food (yummy desserts. Desserts are one of the things that bonded me with Den. That and dancing). I love the big yet intimate effect of the entire wedding. And I love its colors! (I wore a pink and apple green ensemble which was coincidentally the wedding's theme. haha!) I know that it will also be one of the happiest and strongest marriages out there. I've seen how close they've become to each other's families and how they've always placed God at the center of their lives. Amen. And cheers! (the perfect combo)

The second wedding was for a family friend (a.k.a. franco & lala amongst the more matured crowd). Take note: we had a great time conversing with the more matured ones. When I say "more matured", that would mean my grandparents' friends in the village who were seated with us. Correction, we were seated with them, in a sort of VIP round table, right across the principal sponsors' long table. We just met the bride and groom that day but I do hope their marriage will be as happy as their wedding. :)

Franco and I have been super busy lately that we couldn't remember spending any "normal dates" for the past months. The last time we had one was in 2005. (A typical-dinner-movie-date falls under our definition of a "normal date". For us, weddings aren't typical.) But the funny thing is, I actually enjoy the change. Let me explain first before this gets misinterpreted. I don't enjoy the fact that we're apart most of the time. Na-ah. But I do appreciate the way we both adjust to each other's wild schedules. We juggle our activities so we could be together even in the most bizarre time of the day. We now have activities that aren't born out of habit. And that's what I love -- the spontaneity.

Sometime in January. Franco was leaving for Isabela after coming home from Pangasinan. I was driving home from a dance class. He was eating lunch alone in World Topps so I surprised him there before his 8-hour trip.
February 1. Franco came home from Isabela but was leaving for Boracay the next day. I came from Palawan the previous month and we still haven't seen each other since then. So we decided to just have dinner after my experimental design class at 9pm.
February 6. Franco woke me up at 4:30 am so he could visit me at home before his 9am flight for Cebu. We had breakfast together and did all our catching up until 7am because he just came home from Boracay and I from Los BaƱos the previous night.
March 3. (almost a month!) 8:45pm. I went to the airport to welcome him back in Manila!
March 4 and March 5. The wedding dates.
March 6. Departure. Aww.

The thing is I no longer have an erratic schedule. I'm back to my focused student life. Franco, on the other hand, is back to his busy distribution sales stint in Cebu.

We are often asked how we handle our semi-long distance relationship (well, atleast my friends keep on asking). My answer to that is we hold on to our plans -- both short term and long term. Take note: Plans for big things; spontaneity for smaller ones.

One of our short term plans is to spend the summer vacation together. My first summer break after years of having none. His first VL after almost 2 years of working. April is definitely the month of triple celebration for us. Until then, then. As for the long term plans, I'm still hush hush about it. After all, action does speak louder than words.

For now, I'm finally immersing myself in my research papers. They've been on hold for quite a while. And they're screaming out my name, pleading for me to start feeding them with words. Lalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.