http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Wonder of the Words

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wonder of the Words

It was mentioned in our Psych 274 class earlier that wisdom stems from one's experiences. It is not so much the experience that matters but what one makes out of it.

I found myself agreeing with the second line, probably because I already wrote something similar to that in my diary a few times in my life. Let's just say it's a kind of consolation for my not-so-good-experiences... that whenever I got hurt or whenever I made mistakes in the past, I wrote about my learning and what I gained from the painful experience (no matter how deep or shallow the pain was). I wrote about rising from my falls. I wrote about what I had to do in the future.

Oh, I know you get the picture. After all, these are the usual lines that we hear or read. But there is a reason why "usual lines" become such. More often than not, they are TRUE.

Difficult challenges do make us stronger.
Mistakes do allow us to learn.
And embarrassments eventually make us laugh at ourselves.
Well, at least hopefully we gain all these from bad experiences.

Going back to the discussion on wisdom, we had an already familiar yet interesting activity in class before the report began.

Creative.
Intelligent.
Expert.
Wise.

We were asked to characterize different well-known personalities by using the four descriptions above.
We were shown pictures of Bill Gates, Buddha, Kuh Ledesma, Dr. David, GMA, Paris Hilton, Tiger Woods, Dan Brown, Garry Kasparov, Mother Teresa, and Manny Pacquiao.

These were the answers (others may overlap):

Creative - Kuh Ledesma for music, Dan Brown for his writing, Paris Hilton (we had a difficult time answering where she would fall under [someone said none of the above, aww, paris isn't that bad]... but we all decided in the end, creative for her fashion!), Dr. David

Intelligent - Bill Gates, Buddha, GMA for her IQ level, Tiger Woods, Dan Brown, Dr. David

Expert - Kasparov for chess, Pacquiao for boxing, Bill Gates for Microsoft, Tiger Woods for golf, Dr. David for everything that he does

Wise - Buddha, Mother Teresa, Dr. David

If I were given a chance, I would have added the Dalai Lama, Imelda, Oprah, Kris Aquino, Johnny Depp, Marcos, Hitler, and Sir Anthony Hopkins in the exercise. And see how each of them would have been characterized.

* * * * *
Before I sleep tonight, I want to do the exercise again.
This time, I'll think of not-so-well-known persons but the ones I know well enough :)

Read on.

Creative - Tita Susan & Tita Perly (my mom's sisters), Kuya Paolo, my lola
Intelligent - Tito Perry, Nikki, Ate Monica, Ling, my dad, my mom, Franco, my lolo
Expert - my dad, my lolo
Wise - my mom, my lolo

I decided to limit it within my own family first because if I start writing down others, I might not be able to finish my list.

That's it for now.
Good night, guys! :)
Zzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzz

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.