http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: dance & zip away

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Sunday, April 02, 2006

dance & zip away

April 1 is April fools' day.

My very own April 1 was anything but that. It was a taste of pseudo-summer... (I still have a research paper left to finish so summer isn't really here yet)

I wanted to reward myself on a job well done during my hell week (a job well done = survival) so I pretended that it was summer break for me, even just for a day. I tried things that I've always wanted to try but haven't had the opportunity until yesterday.

(1) In the morning, I applied for a summer job after getting a call from a good friend. (*cross fingers*) It came out of the blue just like GamePlan before. (*double cross fingers*). Now, all I could do is hope for the best :)

(2) After lunch, I had my first actual lessons in zipping.
At first, I thought zipping would be a bit similar to arnis. It wasn't. Aside from the fact that getting hit by arnis sticks (even the padded ones) was twice as painful as getting hit by the zip's weights, the moves were also different. I tried it and after a couple of hours, I found myself hooked! (My sisters and I bought a pair so we could practice at home.) The master zippers were good teachers. And I love the fact that one could move freely with the music. I couldn't wait to create my own style :)

(3) At 6 pm, I joined an individual dance competition. I didn't win but I definitely had a great time trying it! (Mental note: join dance competitions without breakdancing. Hands down to the winners, they were great!) After trying it out, I actually felt like I've won too. My younger sisters and friends who saw everything said that my dance was great although I didn't breakdance. Plus complete strangers kept on greeting me afterwards, commending on my dance performance. I couldn't ask for more. :) Click here for some pictures.

(4) At 10 pm, I finally saw my benchmates after a looooong time! I literally jogged going to Mariel's house. (We were 7 houses away from each other) The last time I saw the Happy Benchers was in November in Anika's house where Louis kept on shooting our pictures (including the one in this blog). So last night was another one of those photo sessions aside from the endless stories and drinks. :) We slept at 3.


* * * * *

April 2.
I can't really dance and zip away today.
I have to sit and type type type.

* * * * *

My countdown is almost done...
I'm two and a half days away from summer!

til then :)

Blogger HANS V. said...

ey lala! good luck with whatever school stuff u still have left! had fun last saturday. havent seen people in a long time din. see ya soon!

April 04, 2006 12:21 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

hi coke!
thanks, I'm now done with the 2nd sem, see ya soon! :)

April 17, 2006 3:06 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.