http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Driving Cars without Boys

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Driving Cars without Boys

I spent my morning dressed for my Moro aerodance classes but instead of attending them, I had to cut classes and go somewhere else (or not go anywhere) with Tito A... We had to wait and observe my car's tire rotation and balancing.

Basically, the tires in front were already worn out so they had to be placed at the rear end and the rear to the front, thus the term rotation. Apparently, the mags had to be fixed too because they weren't perfect circles anymore (thanks to the sidewalks of Q. Ave, my old mishaps, and some potholes).. And the people from the shop had to put lead (better known as tingga) over some parts.

To kill time, I did what I usually do in public places. Silently observe the people around me. And so, I turned my attention to all the other customers coming in and out of the shop.

I saw this big guy with a Pajero who had his tires changed into MONSTER versions. Either he needed the height or he wanted cushion from our rocky roads (amazing how the name of an ice cream flavor be a cause of painful experiences). For some reason, I am not impressed with guys who have monster vehicles if their sole reason is porma... BUT having a girl behind the wheels of MONSTER trucks is a completely different story for me, maybe because of its rarity... (I wonder how it is to drive monster trucks with monster tires? I wanna try!)

Then, there was this couple whose car I wasn't able to see, thus I did not know what they needed to have repaired. But I did hear the wife's request for a bottled water (and one of the shop's boy went out to buy water). So all I learned was that the lady was thirsty. And that the shop wasn't only selling tires, mags, etc and doing repairs... but they also offer other services such as quenching clients' thirsts.

Then, I saw another guy who had new shiny mags which cost 7k each and new tires at around 5-6k (approximation by manong). By the time, we left though, he was still there and I didn't see if his brand new mags and tires looked great with his car (but they probably did!)

By this time too, I had 4 pesos left in my green purse. (We were able to get discounts for the mag repairs... but could several pieces of tingga really cost as high as P225? The VAT didn't help either!)

Then, I had to go to another casa and check on my sister. Her aircon needed repair. You see, we have this song going on at home...

Music pls! In the tune of "three blind mice"...

"Three old cars, three old cars... see how they run, see how they run... chug chuchug chuchug chuchug chuchug chuchu chuchuchu chugchugchug.... three old cars three old cars..."

Two of the old cars are still at home. The other one was sold last year (finally). And I think Nikki's "mommy wagon" is kind of replacing the other old one... so the song "Three Old Cars" remains as a hit track in our Family von Jara album.

Mine isn't part of the song. Yet.

I wish I could put pictures here but sadly, I don't have any at the moment. Glennsky, could I borrow a picture of your well-loved car that you sold *sob*? I think we had the same one.

So friends, here's a sneak preview of how I write essays about cars.
Semi-technical and completely sentimental.
Wait til you read my Ode to the Dodge Colt ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/GlennSter/mt%20maarat%202004/maarat7.jpg

hear yah go!

glennster

April 27, 2006 9:06 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

I checked it, glennsky! thanks :) i was thinking of the other one. haha. But thanks, I think I'll be able to do something with this!
=)

April 27, 2006 12:35 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.