http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: house arrest

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

house arrest

I just finished watching the first season of HOUSE M.D. and now, I am waiting for a copy of its second season. (Is there anybody out there who watches the series too?) It got me addicted. Note: I rarely get addicted to TV series. Well, except for SATC (that was a bad case of addiction!) and Desperate Housewives' first season. And, ok... Lovers in Paris ;) But HOUSE is different. That doctor is brilliant. His character is addicting that I can't get enough of his sarcasm and rudeness. Queer. (I have this soft spot for banterings.)

* * *

Yesterday, I climbed two walls... plus 3/4 of another wall, which by the way, I would have to conquer next time (Ka: thanks for planning it. Bryan: thanks for being a good coach and Luigi: twas nice meeting you finally, thanks for the company!). This morning, I attended the belly-dancing class of Jill Ngo with all the gym titas. (I'm looking forward to next Wednesday's class). And tomorrow is time for my most-awaited hiphop class. Perfect.

Without all these activities, what would we have left?
A woman turning 23 tomorrow under house arrest.

No school. No deadlines.
No work. No school directors. No producers either. (And I miss them!)
Not enough money to travel again. Yet.

You can now call me bored.
And when I'm bored, I write. A lot.


* * *
Psychologically Brunette... confessions of a courtside reporter (well, almost)
Is it just me or do we all have atleast one experience of that-didn't-sound-right-and-hello?-what-are-you-saying moment which could have possibly altered a major point in our lives? In other words, we know we sound ditzy (or ditsy, I researched on this, we could use either of them) but since we know we sound ditzy, we can't all be that ditzy. We just sound like we are. But since we sound ditzy, others think that we actually are because they do not know anything about us except what we tell them in that particular moment.
Anyway...
I have a lot of those. Remembering those silly moments actually makes me laugh (I'd rather laugh than cry). And I just wanna share one of them (the most recent) to the world coz laughter is the best medicine. (Oh goody, I can cure others even without a medical degree).
Perfect example:
I went to a VTR because a producer (who turned into a good friend) informed me about it and scheduled it for me one Saturday morning... (those in italics in the following text are my mental activities during the time)
Past 10 am:
  • Interview Ques #4: "What's your favorite basketball team? and who are your favorite players?"
  • Answer: "My favorite team is the Ateneo Blue Eagles of course because I support my school... (blah blah blah)... As for my favorite bastketball player..." (Wesley enters mind, I automatically shove the thought off, too many offenses. Richard Alvarez, now why would I like him? BJ Manalo, too bad he moved to La Salle... L.A. Tenorio flashes in front of me, didn't mention him... although I liked his lay-ups. Chia, unforgettable last game and winning shot during his last year, didn't mention him either. Paul Tanchi, hmm, cute, honor student, one of the team's good players...)
  • In the end, I said, "I don't have one. I believe in teamwork."

And that VTR was for a courtside reporter. If I were the producer who interviewed the girl who answered such (and that was me), I wouldn't have chosen her for the job either. Problem was, I sounded exactly like a pa-safe interviewee who didn't know anything about the job but was diplomatic enough to squeeze her way out of the weird situation.

But the real problem is... I do know a few stuff about basketball but I sounded as if I didn't know anything at all.

I wonder what would have happened if I answered a bit differently (you know, say more of what you actually know even if what you know isn't that much)...

Past 10 am:

  • Interview Ques #4: "What's your favorite basketball team? and who are your favorite players?"
  • Answer: "Back in high school, I used to watch NBA and root for the Chicago Bulls and my favorite player back then was their tall small forward who came from Croatia (the cute one of course), Tony Kukoc. But college happened. And along with it, my school spirit got the best of me. Came freshman year, I watched the opening of UAAP, thanks to my good friend who had free tickets in Araneta, courtside (no need to mention that I sat with her family on the DLSU side)...It was an Ateneo vs. La Salle game... and I supported my own school, of course. Eventually or automatically rather, the Blue Eagles became my favorite team (which is obvious because if I didn't choose ADMU, Ateneans would have ostracized me and La Salle couldn't care less because I would still be an Atenean which would leave me teamless, is there such word?) not only because of the obvious but because the Blue Eagles have always played adrenaline-pumping games... you just can't tell if they're gonna win or not. haha. First quarter to the third, they're leading by 10 points... then they start lagging behind. Before you know it, they've lost the game. Or they're losing at the start then they begin to lead the game and actually win by two points. Very thrilling for the audience."
  • "And as for my favorite player", I would just have blabbed out loud what I actually thought (refer to the italics above...) plus all my other thoughts on the other players and cap it off by saying that I don't have a favorite player from the team because that's the truth. And I do believe in teamwork.

But, I didn't say them. And I don't think I would get the job. Although I'd still never know if saying them would have made a difference anyway. (That's the thing with "what ifs", we'll just never know). I am actually getting used to this risking and not getting a job afterwards. (Strike two for lala!)

Since I always look at the bright side... I always see it. And the best thing about not getting a job is the lesson we get to have from all the thinking. :)

Lesson(s) learned. Stick to dancing. Let the basketball fanatics talk about the game coz they talk about it much better than I do. I'm just better off with writing.

REAL lesson(s) learned: The difference between the real basketball fanatics and myself is not that I'm not interested in the game but because they LOVE THE GAME! I'm interested in basketball, yes, but I still have yet to truly love it. Liking it is far from loving it. People who like something can speak of it. People in love, on the other hand, speak of it with passion.

But I did try and I did risk coz at the back of my head at the very start of everything, I thought that if I got this summer job, I would have given it my best shot and in turn, love the game. My logic was a bit twisted, I know, but still logical.

I based it on what Social Psychologists teach us -- proximity, not distance, makes the heart grow fonder. I guess mine is meant to be fond of something else this summer :)

Blogger HANS V. said...

holy cow! I love House! I watch that religiously also. Ang galing nung banter nga...although i don't like the CSI-like shots. Brilliant and anti-social -- house is my hero. hahaha!

April 19, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger HANS V. said...

holy cow! I love House! I watch that religiously also. Ang galing nung banter nga...although i don't like the CSI-like shots. Brilliant and anti-social -- house is my hero. hahaha!

April 19, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

great! :) i found another House lover! so apparently, it's not just coke that you love, haha.

ayy, pero I like those shots with the cells, neurons, bones, and muscles etc. (I don't watch CSI much, which ones were you referring to?) :p

April 19, 2006 11:41 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.