http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: My Birthday Bath

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Birthday Bath

Today is my 23rd birthday :)

And that's really my title up there. Birthday Bath. Not bash.

First because I welcomed it by taking a cool bath at midnight. Relaxing. Cleansing. Soothing in this hot summer weather. And just plain lovely.

And second because this is the only year that I have nothing planned at all (thus, no bash). :) And somehow, I'm 99% certain that my friends who love to plan surprises aren't going to throw a mini-party this year. (Such surprises occur almost annually & Mayen asked the other year if I still get surprised,haha).

So I think I'll be spending a quiet birthday with lotsa greetings, which actually started on the 14th when Jillieta greeted me a week in advance :p Fr. Nebres also sent an early birthday card. I received it last week, I think. (Since Fr. Caluag is no longer with Ateneo to send out birthday cards for all the alumni, Fr. Nebres does it now.) Where did I place that card? I forget. But then again, I probably unconsciously misplaced the card because I was referred to as Ms. Jara there. Anyhow, thank you, Fr. Nebres (although I know he wouldn't come across my blog anytime soon. Or ever.)

It amazes me how birthday greetings nowadays come in different forms -- text messages, Friendster messages, Multiply messages, personal greetings, birthday cards, more cellphone calls and less landline calls, e-mails, etc etc etc. But the good ol' hugs and kisses are still my favorite along with personal birthday cards. :) (special mention to Sarah's sweetsharpsoft cards, Aenid's letters, Coco's beautiful messages, & Cami's Canadian greetings.) And I'm always happy (even if it's not my birthday but the feeling gets magnified this day) because of the three F's of my life -- family, friends, Franco.

Thanks, everyone, for the greetings in all their forms and sizes. This is the first time I've added blogging on my list. :) Advanced, late, and just-on-time greetings are most welcome!

For now, I'll sleep first and turn my cellphone in silent mode. :)

Hmm, when I wake up tom, I might have a free foot spa (funny, Jill Ngo mentioned in our belly-dancing class that if we rly think about it, it should be "feet spa" instead of "foot spa"). Geoff Simpson's Prive salon gave me a free "feet spa" the other year so they might give me another one tomorrow :p *cross fingers*

This is one of the many reasons why I love April.

Blogger Scott McLean said...

Hello
I like Manila. Last year I visited the Philippines and stayed in Makati. Your country is so beautiful and I love the nice warm weather. It's still cold here. I like you blog. Take care, Scott

April 20, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger Louis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LALA!!!! ano ba yan dito ko pa nalaman na birthday mo! hahaha!

April 21, 2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Louis: hahaha! that's the idea.. ;p thanks thanks, see yah soon, tc!

Scott: Thanks! I'm glad you like our country & my blog :)

April 21, 2006 9:21 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.