http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Patches...

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Friday, April 21, 2006

Patches...

Whenever I read the newspaper, I prefer the columns that have just one major article in them like Conrado de Quiros' over the ones that have several short articles separated by asterisks. But now, I realize why others write that way. It's easier. (That's the only reason I can find at this point).

I still prefer the one-major-article style but I just want to try the other approach for my next blog. Actually, I can't seem to write one long article at the moment so here are my patches...

Of Thoughts
I happily spent my birthday with my family and two of my high school friends who I haven't seen in a long time -- Leds & Jaz. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing: Leds was on leave from work and Jaz was also free so I asked them if they could join our family dinner. And they said yes. :) Party of 9!

I missed my girls and their surprise (my hunch was right, no surprise this year :p I'll see you soon, ladies... soon as in tom!)

And I would have been happier if Franco were in Manila. Still, he made sure I had a special day. He called several times throughout the day: early morning, before lunch, during dinner (even joined my family in singing the birthday song,haha). And lastly, just before my birthday ended until 12:04am of April 21. It was as if we did spend the day together (atleast over the phone :p). Happy birthday to me!

Messages poured in throughout the whole day yesterday until today (don't worry, louis, you weren't alone :p Barrity & JJ texted today). Thank you so much to all those who sent their greetings. Thank you, everyone! I had a simple and wonderful birthday :)

* * *
Meg has been preparing the bench get-away and only the girls seem to be replying. Male Happy Benchers, are you game? Say YES! :) It's just one weekend. You won't miss work! Or in case you do, it's ok! :p
* * *
I just learned that there's bangus festival in Dagupan. Quin texted a while ago coz he's there and coincidentally, the GP team too! I miss those guys and all the kwentuhan, isaw sessions, and that one tiangge hopping. Yup, all is well, Quin! Tc, see you soon :)
* * *
I did the grocery with my mom a while ago (yes, on a Friday night. I'm growing old. I'm not into late-night stuff recently.) When I was a kid, the typical grocery for a family of 7 would reach around 3-4k. That already included chocolates (ooh, Twix! yummm) and chips et al. But today, the grocery reached twice as much as the cost before. And to think that now, we only included the essentials.
I wonder... five years from now, how much will the typical weekly grocery cost? Gadd, I can just imagine... groceries, gas, tuition fees. We've witnessed all of them rise through the years! By the time we have our own families, will we be able to sustain the lifestyles that we've been used to? What about the majority of the Filipinos who are still under the poverty line? What will happen to them?
* * *
[long pause]
Ladies and gentlemen, I know this isn't my writing style.
Now, I shall sleep re-affirmed of what I do not prefer.
Goodnight, everyone! Have a nice weekend!
:)

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.