http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: -silent mode-

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, April 13, 2006

-silent mode-

When I was a toddler until around the age of three, Baguio was the cold hotspot (pun intended) for my family during Holy Week.

Between the age of 3 and the present, I equated the Holy Week with Kraft's instant macaroni & cheese (coz Manang R. enjoys her summer break in Bohol) while watching Jesus Superstar or re-runs of Seventh Heaven.

Now that I am 22... (Yes, I've always been proud of my real age but let's wait til I reach the age of 65) Holy week means staying at home and trying to be solemn or atleast be quiet for a few days. And so, I am now quietly blogging.

It's not that difficult to stay at home because there's nowhere else to go to. Without telling us, we know that our dad prefers that we stay home (prefers = mandatory). My friends are either in Boracay enjoying the sun or in Baguio enjoying the supposedly cool weather; or in their own homes trying to be quiet like me; or truly making their holy weeks meaningful by doing the things that they obediently observe during the occasion (visita Iglesia, fasting, etc).

Today is Maundy Thursday.
But it feels like any other Thursday to me.
I can hear the MTV Grind exercise video from the other room.
National Bookstore is still open until 7pm (just an info I got from their cashier yesterday).
And my dad, who is the perpetuator of all religious doings in our house, has gone out to play golf.

But then again, the holiness of the Holy Week has always dawned on me during Good Fridays. When at 3 pm, for some bizarre reason, the sky turns dark, the streets are silent, and the birds grow quiet (believe me, all the mayas in our drive seem to be muted).

We simply join them in their silence.

* * * * *

Have your very own meaningful holy week, everyone :)

Blogger pAo said...

nako... sumasang-ayon ako kay fweg...bwahaha!

April 14, 2006 1:10 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Naks! ;p aww, maraming salamat!

April 14, 2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger HANS V. said...

ey lala! as one of those stuck in baguio, let me tell you that you are issing nothing. Nothing. All we do here is stay inside the house also. And yeah, people are golfing and malling here as well.

April 15, 2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

haha! see you when you get back, coke. :)

April 17, 2006 10:59 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.