http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Bits and pieces

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Bits and pieces

With my friend's advice, I added another feature in my toddler blog: a world map. But don't mind it. Let it sit there at the bottom of the page and be another sign of my bored blogging moments. ;)

* * *

It's still damp outside. I'm just sitting cozily at home, wearing my pajamas, and enjoying the sudden cold weather in our supposedly hot summer.

I'm trying to finish one of my works but I'm having a difficult time staying awake so I decided to take my nth break from typing... Queer, I'm taking a break from typing to type something else.

Since I am not in the mood to tell any stories about my new adventure or lack of it (I'm supposed to be in Pagudpud by now but Caloy/Kaloy came into the picture...), I will simply look back at the fast-paced week that I had and share tidbits about some of the wonderful people I met.

First, there was Jo Pilar who I met in my college blockmate's surprise party in Capone's last Tuesday night. Jo's the same age as my Ate Monica but she probably had twice all the adventures I've ever had in my entire life (which is just 2 years less than hers). She lived in Madrid on her own for four months, produced a show for DOT, lived on her own, got her short story published out of the blue, and is about to enter law school in Rockwell this June. When I asked her why she went to Spain, she said it was because she wanted to master their language. :p And I would never forget the story she told me about her friend who decided to stay in the mountains and paint. Talking to Jo made me feel as if I went on an adventure while sitting and drinking on a plushed sofa.

Second, there was the only STOTT Pilates Instructor Trainer in the Philippines and the first in Asia, Vivian Zapanta. Strong and fit for her age, which I would not divulge here, she showed me that nothing is impossible! She could be so candid and animated when telling stories yet so disciplined when it came to talking about her craft and showing us the advanced and accurate Pilates positions. I could not yet write much here but I'll update everyone once the article on STOTT Pilates gets released this June.

And the last one was the Grade 1 teacher I observed sometime within the week. I wasn't able to catch her name but she showed the highest degree of patience that I've ever witnessed in a person. Put a teacher in a classroom with around 14 kids, separated by three groups, and each group having different activities. I was amazed at how she changed their specialized activities every so often. In a few words, I would describe her as patient, prepared, and most importantly, playful. Regarding her age, I could only approximate it because those who teach young kids seem to remain young throughout their life. (Yes! I remain to be 22 coz I taught preschool for a year :p)

They are all achievers in their own fields, no matter how varied they are.
An adventurer who never plans.
A fitness guru who is guided by her personal plans and adapts to changes along the way.
A teacher who makes plans all the time.

And in each one of them, I found bits and pieces of my past and present self. And if there's anything found in them that I wish to have for the years to come... it's having the zest for life!

Everyone, whatever it is that you decide to do, remember to enjoy and love what you're doing. :) It's never too late to do the things that we love. Whatever age. Whatever period of our lives.

No wonder one of my favorite brands had this line for so long...

Just do it!



Carmie's surprise party












Pic 1: With some of my college blockmates...presenting the Block Y better known as Org Y ;)
Pic 2: Carmie the bday celebrant and Pons the planner. :)



Desserts and Us
To cap my blog entry, here's one of the many photos we took within this beautiful week. Wednesday night with Coco and Aenid. I treated them out to Meza, a restaurant in Sct. de Guia near Tomas Morato, where I received a couple of GCs for hosting during their media launch last Monday (May 8). We would have been with the other girls if they didn't have work and Mayen too if only I texted her using her new number (My mistake! I owe you partner!)

After trying their paella and lengua, we ordered their apple & cinnamon crepe. Hmm... My friends and I just love desserts :) Those white swirls are actually sugar. They sort of reminded us of cotton candy. (actually it kinda reminds me now of my white hair, :p)

Apple&cinnamon crepe topped with vanilla ice cream and light cotton candy ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I'm taking a break from typing to type something else.

hahahaha! i do that too. i take a break from being glued to the computer monitor by watching shows... on a computer.

> An adventurer who never plans.

because one can never really plan for everything. hehe, you gotta love those people who go out into the world with nothing but a shirt on their back and the confidence of a school of piranha. cheers to all the adventurers out there. and more cheers to people who don't plan.

> A teacher who makes plans all the time.

because one has to have a plan to a certain extent. hehe, you got to love those people who go out into the world with the determination of a nut-cracker and an optimism the size of jupiter to make sure that their plan succeeds. cheers to all the teachers in the world. and more cheers to all the planners in the world.

> A fitness guru who is guided by her personal plans and adapts to changes along the way.

because one has to be physically fit to tackle the randomness of life. hehe, you got to love those people who go out into the world with the discipline of a hyper cactus whose playlist has "i like to move it, move it by the lemur king" on repeat. cheers to all the fitness people in the world. and more cheers to all the lemurs in the wild kindergarten jungle.

May 15, 2006 8:24 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

hahaha, I love ur comments! :p
*cheers, cheers, cheers* to everyone!!! :)

May 15, 2006 11:13 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.