http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Death, Life, and my Ladies...

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Death, Life, and my Ladies...

My brother asked me earlier if I was dying anytime soon coz of my new banner for this blog*. It sounds stronger in Filipino... "mamamatay ka na ba?"

He said I looked scary. I guess the picture does look like a dark white lady (if there's anything like that). Then, he asked me if I could put something else like a picture of myself smiling, which according to him would represent the real me. But I didn't put a smiling face there precisely because I smile most of the time and I wanted something different. A fallen angel. Besides, I'm just too lazy to change it again.

I'll probably change it one of these days. But not tonight. Tonight, I just want to share about my day. :)

Jo, our high school friend (and not the same Jo from the post I made the other day), came home from Canada. And today we tried to squeeze ourselves in her tight schedule so we visited her in her house :) Aenid, Coco, and I (the ones with light scheds) went to Jo's place this afternoon and spent time catching up with each other. It was a well-spent afternoon in their house. Jo was still tired (and jet-lagged!) plus she got the colds coz of temperature changes so we left early and let her rest for the night.

Looking back now, I am amazed at how far we've all gone. And I'm not talking about the miles. I couldn't believe that we've all grown so much in just a year.

Coco would be a junior intern starting June. Aenid is leaving at the end of the month and would be getting married next year. Aww. And Jo would go back to her happy life in Canada by June and just visit us here every once in a while. (Of course she'll be home for Aenid's wedding :p) And to all the other ladies who weren't with us (you know who you are :p), we did talk about you and said that we were happy to see all of us so happy and grown up at this point in our lives :)

I know that I've already written about this. But I just want to write about it again. To those who don't want sentimental stuff, you can skip this part :)

These were the same girls I used to play patintero with. The same girls I shared ghost stories with under the acacia trees in gradeschool. The same ladies I laughed and cried with in high school. The same ladies I poured my heart to in college. And yes, the women in my life, aside from my sisters and mom, who I am certain will be there with me through thick and thin (despite all the distance).

Again, to all my ladies: Our sleepovers and conversations over coffee, tea, water, and chimichanggas will perhaps lessen throughout the succeeding years but I think that we've all learned "object permanence" by now ;) No matter how infrequent our complete get-togethers in the future may become, I know we'll still be here/there/wherever for each other. :)

WELCOME HOME, JO :) not-so-far-away HUGS!!! Get well soon & see you next week :)

And to my Kuya, hmm... Don't worry, I'm still thinking of wonderful years ahead. Just ignore my "scary" picture. ;)



Aenid, Jo, me, and Coco.

*NOTE [written on May 19, 2006]: The "scary" banner that I was pertaining to has already been deleted. But you could refer to the dark white lady in my entry entitled "A Little Twin Star". Is it really scary? I didn't think it was :p

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just keep sinking! :D

May 18, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

...coz dead men float.
I'm a sinking woman. ;)

did you read it? :p

May 19, 2006 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe oo naman! :) akow pah! :D

May 21, 2006 10:54 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.