http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Rain Rain Go Away

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Friday, May 12, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away

I just wanted to write in my blog and document this moment. Then head back to my unfinished work.

I was supposed to leave for Pagudpud tonight. Super excited, I finished transcribing my observations for my first training session. I recently joined Dr. Carlota's research team in UP which started this week and would last until the end of November. But I wanted to keep all my previous summer schedules intact so multi-tasking was the key. (Love the pressure!)

The deadline for submission of our first observation is still on Monday but if I were to leave, I wouldn't be able to email my part, so I tried to finish it right away. It had been raining the whole day and I was hoping that the storm wouldn't affect us. Then, little by little I heard updates about its movement... from Samar to Bicol, moving towards the Northwest... (and Pagudpud IS in the Northwest area of the Philippines!)

But we could still hope for an unpredictable turn, right?

Then, Meg's Tita confirmed that the storm would be in Ilocos by Sunday. And when we learned that, I slowed down with typing my second observation

...until I stopped altogether.

I am now here at home, typing again on my laptop with around 11 windows open before me. I thought I wouldn't have the time to blog but here I am now, with plenty of time in my hands. :)

*Goodbye, Pagudpud. See you when I see you.*

As the famous line goes: Whenever a door closes, a window opens. So tomorrow, I'll be spending the night with more of our benchmates. And instead of a short stay in Pagudpud, we are now planning a longer stay once we get to fix the final schedule this summer... :)

Cancellations and postponements are natural parts of life. We all have to deal with them. And they're not necessarily sad all the time.

Keep safe and dry, everyone!

Xs:
Please, please, please, can the rain go away for all the weekends of May? Let the rain come in July when it used to... ;)

Blogger ~LALA said...

hi! thanks for dropping by! I'm happy you like it :)

Cheers!

-lala

May 31, 2006 4:39 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.