http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Last Days of Summer

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Last Days of Summer

For me, June signifies that "summer" is officially over. And as I look back to the last few days of summer, I cannot help but be happy. :)

Last night, I had dinner in Good Earth with my great friends, Cess, Tita Irene, and Kenneth. Believe it or not, it was my long-overdue birthday dinner. :p We finally found the same schedule after a month and 11 days! With them as company, I have proven to myself that age really does not matter. We're four adventurous and young at heart persons who all met in Kenneth's hiphop dance class. Although we see less of each other in Moro now, we've kept the friendship alive. :) To Cess, Tita Irene, and Kenneth: Thank you for the wonderful company, dinner, and gifts! See you all in our mini-concert ;-)


The Ladies' Sofa

I wanted to write about a ladies' sofa where ladies' night-ins are spent, where ladies discuss what all women talk about during get-togethers -- anything and everything in their lives, where ladies pour out their emotions and let out all their masked insecurities.

More specifically, I want to write about our very own ladies' sofa.

April 2005.



A year and a month after.


But the truth is we didn't spend so many hours chatting and conversing while sitting on this sofa. Most of our stories were kept inside the bedroom and shared when we were about to fall asleep or upon waking up early in the morning (or late in the morning for this matter). If not on the beds, we spent telling our tales gathered around the dining table while eating choco macadamias, champoy, steamed corn, ice cream, Sun chips, Keebler's TimTam, and drinking light beer for some (comfort foods always have the weirdest combinations!)

And what we truly did on our very own sofa is what ladies love to do during get-togethers -- making crazy faces and imitating various emotions just for the fun of it in front of atleast two cameras ;-)


You've been POKED!
Last weekend, I went back to San Juan, La Union to surf. I was with Milds, Sherwin, and Meg and met up with my college blockmates (including Coco) there. Unlike the first weekend where we had our bonfire at night, we couldn't make another one even if we wanted to because everything was wet from the rain.

So we all spent the night indoors playing poker. Actually, they played poker. I watched.

This is my friend, Meg, who was shy at first to play with a new group then decided to let her true self be. The result? Winning the game!
On the right is one of my funniest blockmates, Emong, making a sad poker face! :p


This is Meg winning for the nth time! And Emong acting that he's acting sad. ;-)




Playing in the Rain

Although we weren't able to make bonfires that Saturday night because of the rain, I was more than thankful for that rainy afternoon.

Unlike the first weekend, the waves at that time were so small that one could mistake the sea for a lake. The best time I actually had surfing was when it started raining. Jericho, my instructor that afternoon, asked me to make the most out of it because the wind was blowing harder and my most-awaited waves were finally coming in.

At that point, there were only three surfers left playing. I was standing longer on my board and falling off less from it. The tangerine sun was setting, the rain was pouring, and the wind was blowing the waves in. Picture perfect. I have that moment in my own album of filmless photographs.


Welcoming June
Remember how I've always wanted for the rain to go away the entire summer? I never thought that one of the best times I would have was when the rain started pouring in. :)

I still have postponed plans (the Pagudpud trip that has yet to materialize)... and other additional plans on my list... but I realized that I don't really have to wait for next summer to continue my travels. Remember the famous Filipino line? Kung gusto, may paraan. Kung ayaw, may dahilan.

I now think that there are ways :)


~ o O o ~

Of all the things I learned for the past months, one of the most unforgettable was when my surf instructor saw me having a hard time paddling back to where I would catch my next wave. He said that if I want to get to that point faster, I would have to face the waves.

Everyone, let's all say hello to June and everything that comes along with it. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's the san juan magic, lala!

great no?

the local surfers always tease me to stay there. simple lang daw ang buhay. kain, tulog, alon!

tempting!

i wanna spend my birthday there.

take care!

June 01, 2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Hi T!

Magical :)

yeah, that would be a great way to spend your birthday!

Kain, tulog, alon...hmm. ;)

tc!

June 02, 2006 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

summer's over i will miss you lala dear, my partner-in-summer-crime!=( we had a good one though, very second-childhood fulfilling.=p i will definitely see you soon though and we will definitely do all the things we did this summer again.=) love you lala dear mwah!=)

June 06, 2006 2:38 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Coco dear! :) thanks for dropping by! Aww, I'll miss you too! enjoy your first day of med sch class, mmwah! HUGS, see you soon :)

June 07, 2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Coco dear! :) thanks for dropping by! Aww, I'll miss you too! enjoy your first day of med sch class, mmwah! HUGS, see you soon :)

June 07, 2006 2:05 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.