http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Model for a Weekend

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Model for a Weekend

I had an interesting weekend. I suddenly turned into a model.

Friday night. I had a sort of "practice shoot" in Mariel's house, which was around 5 houses away from mine.
Saturday morning. I had to burn some calories and attended my Moro classes.
Sunday afternoon. The actual shoot.

The "Practice Shoot"
Mariel, one of my benchmates and my almost-next-door neighbor, had her "despedida" for the Happy Benchers last Friday night. She made us eat 100 sticks of barbecue and 100 pieces of yummy siomai. Then, she made us (actually them) drink loads of beer. In the end, we all craved for more Dulcelin's mango torte. (now you know why I had to burn calories the next day :p)

Louis, our official photographer during bench get-togethers, brought his newly-acquired lights and his black backdrop.

Carl, our official stylist, brought his bronzer.

And I, together with some of the Happy Benchers present that night, brought ourselves.

These were some of the photos from Mariel's "despedida".


For more FOHTOS by Louis, click HERE.

We can probably have another Happy Bench photoshoot a month from now when Mariel comes home and creates a "Welcome Me Back" party ;)


One of A Kind Sunday
If Friday shoot was for fun, Sunday meant serious work. We had an assignment to finish.
But even if it was supposed to be "serious" that time, it also turned out to be one of the most exciting and fun shoots I've ever done (not that I had many ;p).

How could it not be fun? I was with the best team I could think of and we were in one of the best location shoots in the city! :p

The assignment = my setcard (for future hosting reference & other gigs)
The team = my friends: Louis, Carl, and Hans & my newfound friend, Cattan, who was lured by Hans with the mango torte ;) [Super thanks for all the help, guys! You're the best!]
The location = my friend's house (which shall remain anonymous in this blog unless all the dots in the worldwide web get connected which is fairly easy)

I brought my own clothes, was styled by my friends, and had to put on my own make-up (with special tips from Hans and with the help of Empress Carl after the first shoot)

For a person who isn't used to projecting like a REAL model, I think modeling poses (no pun intended) as a challenge. I couldn't get that "dumb look" that Hans wanted except for the first tsamba. There were more than a dozen funny-looking photos for every good one. And the best photo of the day was actually candid.

But I am proud to show you what we all accomplished.

After around 10 hours of hard work, voila...


Photos by Hans & Louis
Layout by Louis
I deleted some of the information so you could see a black space on the left... :) [not Louis' fault]

For my first two REGAL SHOCKER photos by Hans, click HERE.
For Sporty Regal Shocker photos by Hans, click Swoosh.
For more FOHTOS by Louis, click HERE.

~ o 0 o ~

I did this because I needed a setcard. But I think I'd do it again soon because I am now challenged by Hans (read the first three conditions in his blog comments) :p

Seriously though, I realized that being a model is actually a tough job. It is another kind of discipline. And like any other discipline, it is something that needs to be studied, learned, and properly executed. For our next fun shoot, I would have to master controlling all the small facial muscles I have. And I would have to know my own angles and do other flattering body contortions so my friends wouldn't have a difficult time. ;)

I wasn't born to become a supermodel. I don't have super long lean legs nor do I have the perfect skin or the perfect body type for a model but I am comfortable in my own skin. And I think we all did well (the photographers, the stylists, & myself) because we knew what our strengths were, what we could do, what we could improve in the future, and what we wouldn't do.

I'm happy with the first fruit of our labor. :) And I just showed the world (well, at least those who read my blog) that this can be done by an ordinary girl with the help of extraordinary friends (plus hard work of course). The same thing applies to almost everything else in life.

So guys, whatever it is you have in mind (as long as it makes you learn new things and does not cause any harm to anyone)...

Just do it!
I did.
I am really a self-proclaimed Nike spokesperson.
Oh, and model ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ei.. u really look good sa mga photos mo 4 ur setcard.. u look best dun sa may tiles.. and nice make up.

June 07, 2006 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ang ganda lala!!! you're such a beautiful person, inside and out.

June 07, 2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger HANS V. said...

lala, you're super welcome. i think the shoot went really well also. we should do it again soon, and im not just saying this. we should schedule something for july. unless, of course, mangoes aren't in season then...

June 07, 2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Anonymous: thank you so much! the tiles pic yung candid, haha ;)

Carmie: aww, thank you dear :) I'm touched, mmwah! sorry di nko nakapunta kay Pat last friday. Hope you guys enjoyed :) I ended up walking nlang,haha :p I'll see you soon,HUGS!

Hans: haha, I'm game! I actually bought another mango torte on my way home tonight. I'll try to comply with your requirements by July :p And I'll ask if the mangoes are in season by then ;)

June 07, 2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Jenie / Copywriter said...

wow! nice photos, lala :-)

June 09, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Thanks, jenie! :)

June 10, 2006 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!! sweet here, hope to see at my stall at UP!!! dapat mga gawa ko na accessories na suot mo next tym,,, hehehehe

June 24, 2006 5:50 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Thanks for dropping by, sweet! It's my turn to drop by your stall! cge, next time accessories mo naman ;)

June 25, 2006 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! =) congrats lala for making the steps to your dreams! =)

June 30, 2006 1:59 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.