http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Saving Gas

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Saving Gas

I had one of my longest Mondays ever. I slept at around 2:30am from the previous day (why oh why did I not sleep as soon as I got home from the Sunday shoot??? just plain bad decision making!) and woke up at 7:30am because my friend, PJ, and I headed for an interview. I parked my car at PJ's place and he drove for the two of us. By the time it was 4pm and we were heading back to his place, I was getting dizzy and could actually feel cold sweat on my forehead. There was something painful in my stomach that I couldn't really pinpoint and I was already salivating from the pain. For the longest time, I haven't been in that kind of state... I no longer told PJ that I felt like vomitting any minute. I just controlled myself until we reached his house and he gave me additional giveaways from our previous hosting stint. I mustered all my strength and drove my car, fetched Ling from school, and drove back home. I thought that maybe I was just hungry because it was more than three hours since I last ate so I took a piece of the chocolate mousse that Ling got for me before hitting the road. When we got home, Nikki was watching DVDs of HOUSE M.D. Season 2 so we had another marathon even if my stomach still felt weird. Painful kind of weird. Franco and I talked over the phone but he asked me to rest first coz I sounded horrible. But I didn't rest. I ended up watching two more House M.D. episodes.. :p I think my "sick feeling" was really a product of all the tiring activities I did prior to that Monday. Either that or it was because I ate in an unfamiliar canteen after bragging that my stomach could take in anything.

~ o O o ~

The reason why my title is my title, however, has nothing to do with what I wrote above.

I am home right now when I'm supposed to be out... because I decided to save gas. I've been driving around the Greenhills area yesterday that I think I finished off P500 worth of gas. :( Ok, that's a bit exaggerated but I remember going to the gas station last Monday so between yesterday and Monday afternoon, I emptied the tank without going very far...

Anyway, I decided to skip some classes tonight. I could just jog around the park or maybe play with my zips at home. :-) Practice, practice, practice!

By the way, I finished HOUSE M.D. Season 2 today. Maybe that's also why I'm writing like a zombie. :p

I hope everyone's having a great week! Mine is starting to be boring but I have this feeling that the pace is going to pick up fast tomorrow then I'd wish that I'd have more time to blog :p

Before I leave, here's a picture that PJ just emailed me. It was taken right before the Heatwave concert, my first live hosting gig with him as my partner. Our accessories were courtesy of Sweet whose works could be found along the AS Walk in U.P. Diliman. She generously gave me the earrings, necklace, bangles, and bracelets after the concert coz I loved them! Friends, visit her stall if you have time! :) We were styled by Kat Manalo. :)

HeatWave concert hosts
Lala: the apprentice ... PJ: ang beterano


Friday, June 9
: I realized that my post sounded as if I were about to leave again. But no, I'm not. :) I'm just looking forward to a great weekend here in Manila coz Franco's finally coming home!
I think it's the best way to spend my last weekend before school starts again.
Have a wonderful long weekend, everyone! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halu Lala! It's Ria... CasiƱo =D Tagal mo na nasabi sa akin tungkol sa blog mo but it's just this past week that I had time to visit it (and Monica's and Gio's and the other bloggers...hindi naman stalker labas ko nyan, hehe). Have been on forced vacay these past 3 weeks cos I got really sick. Feeling indefatigale, ayan tuloy.

Anyway, just want to let you know that you have such a great thing going on here! I also love the the pretty pics!=) I've taken the 1st step and actually registered my blog. Your blog is another inspiration for me to actually take the next step and write in it, hehe. Hay, I miss writing.

Keep writing and keep the flame burning. Have a beautiful day!

June 11, 2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Hi ria!

yay, thanks for visiting my blog :) Can't wait to see and read yours too! Nakaka-miss talaga magsulat. And here's one of the best ways to go back to writing :)

hope you get well soon. easy lang with work & everything... :p rest well!

Happy independence day! take care & see you soon!

June 12, 2006 12:08 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.