http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: arnisador

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

arnisador

Arnis is a Philippine Martial Art. And I want to promote it! I think this is the effect of interviewing Sir Richard Gialogo, our coach back in college when I joined the Arnis team. Aside from coaching the Ateneo team, he is now also one of the National team's coaches :) Nakana!

Right now, I'm in the middle of writing an article about Arnis from the eyes of an arnisador for FU Magazine's August-September issue so kindly wait for it :) The June-July issue with Miss Vivian Zapanta for STOTT Pilates on its cover is out now in selected areas! For those who haven't seen the magazine yet, FU Magazine (read as FOO and not as F.U.) is a free magazine distributed in bars and restos every 2 months. I am currently contributing articles about sports and adventures for them. :)

Going back to Arnis... I had to experience it all over again after several years of not training. And so, I went back to Ateneo this morning and watched Coach in action as he taught his present students. There was a time when I turned myself into a "saling-pusa" in one of his P.E. classes but mostly I observed, interviewed, and wrote drafts until early in the afternoon. And then afterwards, I trained with Coach and Oliver, a friend of Ava from France, who wanted private lessons in Arnis. :) Oliver said he saw people in Paris doing eskrima and he was fascinated by them so now he's training while taking a vacation in the Philippines! (so girls and guys, join now! Arnis is open for everyone!)

I was accompanied by my friend, Cheree Almario, who helped me out with the photos! YAY! Thanksmuch, Chewee! all these would not have been possible without your BIG HELP! :)

Since Cheree's not putting up her own blog anytime soon, I decided to blog her photos for her (with her permission of course). :p To the other photographers or to those who have an eye for photos, your constructive comments are very much welcome! :)





























HIYAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Blogger Cristina said...

ooohh ARNIS!! :) haha that was my first PE and i was too tamad to have to change, i'd wear the red pants the whole time i'd be in school for the day :p hahaha but i had soooo much fun in that class :)

love the photos btw! :) is that the new PE uniform or that's for the varsity?

oh and just read your last post (stay connected) and i really liked it :) living away from home and everything familiar and comfortable really makes one super put importance on staying in touch :)

July 19, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

thanks cris! I'll tell my friend! Those are the new Arnis PE uniforms! they're much nicer than ours back then ;)

July 20, 2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Yup. Nice nice pictures! :O)

July 21, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Yay! I'll tell cheree. Btw, she wants me to put her first name pala coz Cheree is her 3rd name.

Ok, for the record, the photos are by Anatalia Almario.

:)

July 21, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Yay! I'll tell cheree. Btw, she wants me to put her first name pala coz Cheree is her 3rd name.

Ok, for the record, the photos are by Anatalia Almario.

:)

July 21, 2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lala! Balik arnis na ba? =)

August 03, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

If the sched permits, maybe I could :) I'll let you know! na-miss ko rin yung mga "anyo". Mwah!

August 04, 2006 5:12 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.