http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: An Atypical Tuesday

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

An Atypical Tuesday

It's 6:40 pm on my screen. What did I do today to earn my title above?

I spent the morning starting my back up copy of contacts and debating with myself whether I should have this phone line cut or not. Should I go and switch to the competing telecommunications company and avail of their tempting promos? Hmm...

But my atypical day wasn't because of that. As I was saying, I spent my day trying to copy some numbers. And that was when I had my trip down memory lane. It was a long trip while sitting down and looking at the names on my list. (To Franco, I think I already know why cleaning up my room takes forever. Every object I find makes me stop and reminisce instead of simply cleaning my room. It's more fun that way!)

Going back to memory lane...

Since my fellow ex-preschoolers (I call my co-teachers in the preschool as preschoolers coz we were like kids trapped in bigger bodies that could pass as teachers :p) have all been getting married or engaged or moving to the States (I'm the youngest among us), we've seen less of each other for the past months.

They were my ultimate singing and dancing buddies when it came to nursery songs and otherwise. ;)

Here we were when we used to play in our playground, when we attended weddings, when we just wanted to go out at night, or when we just stayed in one house to swim, eat, drink, and be merry. I'm sure you can figure on your own which is which from the pics below.



But before I became a preschool teacher for a year, I spent years studying. Didn't we all? A friend of mine used to tell me that I was such a nerd but he was alone telling me that. Was I? Maybe I was. Or maybe I still am. A little.
How do you define 'nerdiness' anyway? I studied when I had to study and I submitted papers on time. If nerdiness is defined that way, then yeah I was a full-blown nerd! But whether I was a nerd or not, the point was my friends and I all graduated from college! whoohoo! I'm going to share this "famous" photo of the majority of the Psych majors (AB and BS combined) of Ateneo in our batch [refer to the pic below].

The next photo is taken during our most recent Canadiagirls dinner (although it's not so recent anymore and we're incomplete!) Canadiagirls was named as such after Cami left for Canada. Johanna followed suit and then Glenn too, our honorary member. He's not a girl nor is he gay. Recently though, we've been all busy with different things (work school work) and an upcoming first wedding in the group. Wheee! And after Aenid left for San Francisco, the ladies and I have seen less and less of each other. Aww... but we're all looking forward to and preparing for January (yihee!)

The third photo shows a few of the Happy Benchers. We're just a bunch of happy people from different courses in college. Our bench was one of the many istambayans in the SEC area of Ateneo... We had tables with vandalisms on them, benches that moved around, and belonged to a neighborhood of benches (miriam, holy, and lots of other SEC benches). This photo was taken during Mariel's "despidida" in her house (but we were already on the street at this time). As always, the photo was the courtesy of Louis Fojas' camera. (I think it was empress who took this shot though coz I can see Louis' head over there...)




So that's the gist of my today's trip down memory lane.

Let's go global...

A Star in Europe
I've been staring at my ClusterMap for the past weeks (I placed it there last May 13 but for some reason, it now says June 12, which is actually independence day in the Philippines!). Anyway, I'm just amused by the small red dots forming a star in Europe. Check it out.




And to finish off the trivial debate with myself...

I received a call this afternoon for a hosting stint and I realized that all my resumes and info sheets have my current number on them. That's it. Debate over. I'm keeping my number.

Btw, I no longer believe in jinxing myself by sharing stuff in my blog. We are here not because of luck. And I think I could no longer jinx myself even more.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that you're keeping tabs on your past. A lot of historians would be proud of you, particularly George Santayana who remarked, "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" It is one of the best ways for us to appreciate what we have in the present.

If you've got free time, I recommend hanging out at the Church of the Gesu under the stars, it rocks! Ya-ha!

And congratulations on your last offer! Lufetttt!

July 07, 2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

thanks pipboy! If you've noticed, I actually follow your advices ;) So yes, one of these days, I'd do that at the Church of the Gesu!

*Cheers*

July 10, 2006 10:20 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.