http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: losing my pen & finding pacman

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Monday, July 24, 2006

losing my pen & finding pacman

I was supposed to review for my upcoming exams. I have two of them this week. And they both involve statistical computations. If they just required a bunch of readings, I would have been reviewing by now. But no... I mostly need to write these things. Remember, I'm not the type who could easily derive and compute everything in my head.

After the whirlwind weekend that I've been through, I just realized today that I lost my favorite pen. It's the only one that I use for school, for writing drafts on my little notebook, for fixing my schedule on my big yellow planner, for doodling when I'm bored, for cramming corrections on last Saturday's scripts... and... Hmm, come to think of it, the last time I remember having it with me was when I signed my name after hosting last Saturday for Caltex-Revtex Biker Ride event in Tiendesitas.

Where art thou, my favorite pen?
I hope you're in good hands wherever you are.
Here's a photo by Anatalia Almario of my oh-so-reliable pen.
Is this some kind of pre-empted farewell, ha Cheree?



Gray farewell photo for my pen.

~ o O o ~

On a happier note, this is the perfect excuse for me to post the next pic which I've been itching to post. haha!

Yesterday, we went to Von and Chi-chi's wedding in Manila Cathedral. It was like a BIG BIG BIG reunion for everyone. The church and reception were both filled with their family, friends, and relatives. But aside from seeing old friends and schoolmates, we got star-strucked :p

Thanks to Doray with her trusty camera and her friend, Vice-Gov. Dax, we got ourselves a photo op with the PACMAN! In more than three years, that was the first time that I saw Franco with this star-struck expression because of meeting someone in person. EVER. After shaking hands with him, Franco did the "mano po" gesture. It was so cute and funny. He was like a little boy meeting Santa Claus for the first time.

Franco has been dying to have a copy of this pic so without further adieu...
Para sa 'Yo!

Lala. Manny Pacquiao. Franco.

Blogger Dorothy said...

Hahahaa! So I see you just decided to blog instead of studying eh? ...

Yup. Franco was soooo cute! (hehehe) Was it mano po? From my vantage point, it was like he kissed his knuckles! (think: kissing the pope's ring! hahaha) And, if you notice in the picture, his arm was around Manny! I love it! hahaha :O)

Grabe! Until now, I still could not believe we met Manny! I still am soooo starstruck! teehee...

July 25, 2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

haha! :p i was behind him and it looked like "mano po"... I'll ask him later what he rly did!

franco asked me last night if we there was another photo but I told him we only took one. He thought we took two daw :p hahaha! yan ang talagang starstruck! ;)

July 25, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Jenie / Copywriter said...

Wooowww, I wish I could have a photo with him too! Lucky you :)

July 27, 2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger nina said...

i understand how it feels when you lose your "fave pen". i remember when i was still schooling i would stock lots of my fave pen coz i cannot study without it. it seems that i could not absorb anything if i dont have that pen. ehehe! weird pero basta iba ung feeling e!

neweiz,i was bloghopping when i came across ur page. hope u wont mind moi adding you on my blogroll. ehehe! tnx!

btw, i understand

July 28, 2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

JENIE: heehee, basta when the opportunity comes, grab it! :p

YANIN: no problem at all, feel free to visit! yup, weird nga yung feeling. Btw, I got another like the old one and I'm keeping it safe now ;) thanks!

July 28, 2006 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now know how you got that picture with Pacman! =)Funny cuz I just asked about it in our egroups =B I'm sure you were so smitten when you saw how Franco adored Manny =)Miss you Lala! =)

August 03, 2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

sarah dear, thanks for dropping by! :) haha! Actually, I replied in our egroups too ;) see you soon, miss you!

August 03, 2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger rosary said...

i also feel that starstruck thing when the dlsu basketball team visit in our school and i feel very happy and excited because for the first time i saw them up close in personal...my friends told me that were already stalker because everywhere they go we are their...di ba courtside reporter ka ng uaap before? i just cant remember on what season coz lately ive not been updated with the uaap...
actually i saw you on of my friend blog, sherlyn...and i said to her that you look so familiar maybe because i saw you on tv...

August 07, 2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

hi rosary, thanks for dropping by :) Hmm, I haven't tried being an actual courtside reporter. But you're giving me a new idea, hehe. :p jk lang!

Feel free to drop by anytime!

August 07, 2006 5:37 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.