http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Just in time

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Friday, August 25, 2006

Just in time




Expect this entry to be chopped into eensie weensie bits and pieces. No, not chopped. Minced.


HELLO FRIENDS! If you've noticed, I've been gone for a long time. LONG is such a relative term. More than a week of not blogging is already a record breaker for me so that's relatively "long" (atleast in my standards). But then again, I just started blogging last March so it's not really that difficult to break my own record at this point. (I began blogging a few minutes before the transition period between February 28 and March 1 to be exact. Midnight-ish).

ANYWHOOOO, I think I'll be getting busier with the research stuff so I can't promise my usual high frequency blogging... :p

But enough of the "small talk". Let me share some of my floating thoughts that would make this entry minced into pieces as promised earlier...

I had a WONDERFUL LONG WEEKEND. Franco came home. And we had mini-reunions with our friends. :) The Saturday night photos are with Duke and I'm not sure how I'd get them but I'll post them once I get hold of them. The Monday brunch photos are with Sarah and I'll post them as soon as I feel like uploading them. Haha, sorry, bitin.

My weekdays pass me by so fast that I always get surprised each time I get reminded of the date. Ha? Tuesday na? Ha? August 23 na? Ha August 24 na? Ha August 25 na? I know you get the picture... And whenever I hear Manang R say "Ang bilis ng oras"... I just nod in agreement! To those who are not familiar with Manang R, she's our (in)famous cook whom we've been with since time immemorial ;-) Yiheeee, you'll be famous Manang R!!!

Anyway, I promised myself that I'll blog something before the end of the week. Anything.

So after reading my swiftly written and minced entry, I'm leaving you with something else to read and ponder on...

Here's something I wrote which I've almost forgotten about. The time and context are not important. The entry itself is timeless, I think.

ON WRITER'S BLOCK

Sometimes life’s blocks are similar to what writers experience when there are so many things to write about but nothing substantial finds its way on paper or on screen.

Everything is in a halt. Then you realize that not everything is in a halt. You are.
You just let things flow, move, and pass you by. People move on and continue with their lives. And you’re just there standing in the middle of things.

There are so many people, so many things, and so many events. But for you, they’re just there. They’re like smoke around you. You could not touch them or clasp them in your palms. Even if you try, you could not capture them. Not even by words. And so you just keep on watching them as they float around you. You could not write.

Amidst all the thin smoke, you see light from somewhere. It seems far but you just could not tell whether it truly is or it’s just your mind telling you that it is. But whether it is far or not, you still see light. Or are those moving lights? No, dancing lights.

But you’re still not moving.

When you decided to pause at the start, you thought you could just easily move once you decided to move again.

But you don’t.

It’s like your feet have been glued on the ground. And you just keep on watching the smoke.

Then what happens to you?

You look back at your life. And all the superficiality and shallowness of it are haunting you left and right. You want to close your eyes and escape. You want to change. Tired from all these, you just want to rest and start anew.

You want to be in deep slumber because your soul is craving for nothing else but sleep, peaceful and calm sleep. But your lids, although heavy, could not and would not let you do so. They want you too keep on writing.

But nothing happens.

Nothing comes out right.

And then for some reason, that nothingness that you felt, you wrote, and you read, slowly turns into something.

And before you know it, you have written once more. It may not be the best in the world but you can call it yours. And because of this, because it is yours, it is beautiful.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lala..

your definitely right..i admit i am a no good writer..im still trying to learn.. but everything i try to write about and everything that's in my mind that ive managed to put into paper were beautiful for me..
coz their mine..

have a nice day!

August 26, 2006 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from nothingness (more often than not) is where great things come from.

i read a couple of blog sites but yours is definitely *quality over quantity* and i just like that. :)

take care, dear!

August 27, 2006 6:12 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Welcome back girl! hahaha :O)

Thanks for coming last night as well! It really really meant a lot! I hope you had fun!

August 27, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

hello ladies!

Sherlyn, just keep on writing. I'm sure you learn something each time :)

*T*: aww thanks dear, TC! mwah!

BIRTHDAY GIRL: I had a great time with all your sis and the oh-so-friendly batch '07! ;)

August 28, 2006 6:49 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.