http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Tiklado

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Monday, August 07, 2006

Tiklado

When I was a kid, I wanted to avoid my piano classes. I had my own reasons and they were... uhh, childish:
1) Back then, I didn't want to play the piano because I couldn't read the notes as fast as the others. My music sounded like badly chopped melody.
2) Playing the piano meant that I couldn't play other games/toys as much as I wanted to on weekends.
3) Playing the piano meant I couldn't watch my favorite TV shows as well [and to think that we were banned to watch TV during weekdays! house rules.]
4) Playing the piano meant we were forced to perform during reunions instead of running around with other kids.
5) Playing the piano meant I had to perform in recitals, wear those itchy dresses, and fear that my fingers would freeze right in the middle of everything and I'd end up not finishing my piece.

But while growing up, I learned to appreciate the only musical instrument I knew how to play. (Remember, proximity and not distance makes the heart grow fonder :p)

Right now, I still have a few piano pieces stored in memory. But the best ones for me are the ones I play that remain unwritten. They're the ones that come out of nowhere. They're the ones that I play when noone is around.

As I allow my fingers to run on the keys on their own, I create my own music.

Pianississimo.
Pianissimo.
Piano.
Forte.
Crescendo!
...Decrescendo..
Decrescendo...
Crescendo!
CRESCENDO!

No notes to read.
No boundaries.
No memorization required.
I find it therapeutic.
Sheer personal enjoyment.

...Decrescendo...
Piano.
Pianissimo.
Pianississimo.
Fin.


The music ends on its own.
And when it does, it's done.
The next one's all new and different.

And for me, the BEST PART when noone's around to listen is that there's noone to tell me that my music sucks ;p Coz really, I PLAY LIKE A KID!

I know it sounds selfish that I play this kind of music just for myself. But sometimes I play for my dad too. He sings along with whatever music he hears. And for my mom coz she says "bravo" at the end of every piano piece. :p

When it comes to REAL piano pieces however, I now actually prefer the ones that I always thought sounded "old" back when I was a kid. ;)



P.S.
I just wanted to share Louis Fojas' photo of me.
And I just had to blog today. ;)

Question for the week: So what do you do when noone's around? :)

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WEEK, EVERYONE!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lala.. well aside from daydreaming..i cry my heart out to failed quizzes..hehehe

August 08, 2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

i love daydreaming too (whether I'm alone or not, hahaha)

August 09, 2006 9:21 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.