http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Takbo para kay Nessa

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Takbo para kay Nessa

Halloooo friends! To those who have seen the Palawan episode of the GamePlan host search way way way back, the following photos will look a bit familiar. ;)



OK, actually I'm not supposed to reminisce... I'm supposed to PLUG! :p haha! And there's actually a reason why this collection can now be found here.

Just a brief background...

Before I got sick last week, I went to Gie's daughter's first birthday party. Wheeee! That was a fun "children's party" even if the ratio of kids to adults was 1:10! ;) (I'll post some pics next time)

I couldn't believe how fast time actually flew... Janna, Miss Gie's daughter, was already a year old! Imagine that! Ang bilis! Gie has just given birth a few months back right before we climbed Mt. Tundalara in Busuanga (refer to the photo above).

Going back to the children's party... When I saw Jan, Anna, and Gretch (the producers), my own memories of the ultimate GP experience came rushing back in. I felt like I grew so much over the months and yet I felt that we were still all the same -- goofy adults! Wowie and Paolo couldn't make it that afternoon though so I didn't see them. I wonder how it would be like to have all six of us (with Paulo, Jo, and Quin) eating isaw and stuff again? :)


Awwww. sabi nga ni Jan, matanda na kayo, kaya nyo na yan.

~ 0 O 0 O o ~

Anywhoooo...

Right before that party, Kuya Mandy (our game soundman above) sent me an email. This is actually the reason why I am blogging right now.

Nessa, the five-year-old daughter of Tiong Ladra who is also a beloved soundman of Probe Productions, needs an immediate heart operation.

Although I have not met Nessa yet, the thought makes me, a complete stranger, feel that I want to do something for her. Each child has the right to a beautiful childhood and the right to life.

This next event is a fundraiser for her.

TAKBO para kay Nessa.
October 1, 2006. Sunday. UP Oval.
6:00 am.

150 runners.
1,000 kilometers (6.6 km each)
One special girl.

P.S.
Miss Gie said I could walk instead since I haven't fully recuperated yet. To those who can't run (like moi), we can give our support by walking. :) There will also be an auction afterwards... Oakleys, Jansport, and many more.

Sounds good?
See you there!

Watch Wowie and Paolo every Sunday 1:30pm on Studio 23 :-)

GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear lala,

i won't be available for sunday. =( i feel bad i could not go to the run. =(

if there are other ways to help, please let me know.

god bless!

-T

September 29, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Thanksmuch, T :) I just saw your reply now coz we didn't have electricity for two days. I'll contact you once I get to know the other details!

September 30, 2006 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lala..did i asked you once if you were a courtside reporter?! its because a friend has told me she thinks she saw you on tv once.. well, that must be in gameplan..
too bad im from bacolod, but i wish you good luck :)

September 30, 2006 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi nice blog :)

September 30, 2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog :d

September 30, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

thanks, sherlyn and roy! ;)
yay, the run was a success! you guys can watch it on GamePlan maybe in a few weeks time :)

October 01, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger nina said...

wow..congrats to the successful "run".. *teecee..

October 01, 2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

thanks, yanin! I decided to combine my "walk" with a "run" as well ;)

October 01, 2006 6:24 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.