http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Photo Essay

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Photo Essay

I don't like breaking promises.

And as I promised last night, you'll be seeing A LOT of me for the next few days. So here I am fulfilling my little promise. ;)

I don't mind that my "Piso for your thoughts" below doesn't have a single PISO in it. ;P I'm blogging baby and nobody can stop me, mwahahaha!

I was supposed to have a SoulMix shoot today but we had to move it because Jesuit Communications had to wrap up another shoot. Too bad coz I was a bit excited to get my copy of the last ep! ;) On the brighter side, this meant more time for me to finish my transcripts that are taking forever to finish. (I'm transcribing some of my observations for our research which I am not going to explain further in this blog.)

For some reason, transcribing my observations is one of the most tedious jobs I've ever had. I'd rather walk under the heat of the sun and traverse MILES of jagged rocks rather than stay in front of my laptop to type my own notes. (recently, I notice that I get bored easily.)

So anyway since I got "tired" from all the deciphering, I took a lot of mini-breaks and ended up doing another one of my favorite things. Aside from sleeping, dancing, zipping, writing, and being with family, friends&Franco, another thing I love is... EATING!



Who doesn't? (That's Deb, moi, and Denise with Baby Kaden inside her tummy :P)

So together with Ling and her boyfriend, Marco,

I spent an afternoon in our kitchen eating this sinful chocolate cake and my mom's homemade chicken sandwich. Those plus Chips Ahoy (25% reduced fat), Meiji's Yan-Yan, and Magnolia low fat milk. It's funny how we end up talking about other food while eating already yummy ones (as if what we have isn't appetizing enough and then we end up discussing other food that we wish we still had).

Anywhoo, the three of us came up with a list of food that we miss! Manufacturers no longer manufacture them and they're just as yummy as they could get in our heads.

Food Item #1: Chips Ahoy Stripes. Whatever happened to my favorite Chips Ahoy Stripes??? It's the one in the white package and with the yummiest chocolate ever! AAAAH, heaven!

Food Item #2: Mickey Mouse Funwich. It's the one with vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two Mickey Mouse heads. Think Presto's Funwich with Mickey Mouse shaped chocolate sandwiches. YUMMY!

Food Item #3: Smores cereal. Unfortunately, it was only Marco who could remember this. Ling and I don't recall eating cereal with graham crackers covered in chocolate with tiny marshmallows. Do you? It sounds good and I could just imagine it but I haven't tried it ever.

Food Item #4: Flinstone's Vitamins. Believe it or not, I've never tried those vitamins and I wanna try them!!! hahaha. I could still remember that ad -- "Ate why are you wearing mommy's skirt? Because. Why are you wearing mommy's shoes? Because. Why are you wearing mommy's makeup? Because."

Food Item #5: DIPDIP! Remember Dipdip? They're thinner and smaller than today's Breadstix. And they came in different flavors like barbecue, pizza, or original. Ahh, memories of my Grade school recess! And the best part is LOCALLY MADE (yata) siya!

Food Item #6: Coney Island Bubble Gum Ice Cream! pati yung creamy Sailboat, Clown, Banana, Boy (?) Girl (?) ice cream on stick. YUM

Food Item #7: Ok, this last one is still being manufactured but for some reason it's no longer found in the market as much as the other chocolates are... my ALL-TIME FAVORITE TWIX! There are two versions of it in the market and I'm craving for the original version!!! I will love you if you give me that version! Franco found six of them in Cebu and gave them all to me. I was like a little girl that day when I saw all the TWIXes! I shared the calories with my sisters of course ;)

Although we no longer have these food items mentioned above (or on its way to extinction as in the case of my favorite Twix chocolate bars), I think we still have other great stuff in the market.

Food Item #1: the classic flat tops & curly tops :)
Food Item #2: MILO chocolate bar (the one without the wafer), I swear it's the yummiest grainy chocolate ever! (I'm not into grainy chocolate but this one has Milo powder grains which actually makes it better!)
Food Item #3: Cloud 9!!! 'nuff said.
Food Item #4: we still have Cerelac wheat, HA!


Food Item #5: And have you tried EAJI of San Miguel? Those are the nacho chips with dips that range from cheese to mayo bbq to garlic cheese and each only costs P18. Naks.

OK, enough of the junk food. I can only eat so much of them anyway.
In case they all disappear from the market (although highly unlikely), I think I'd still be able to live. I'd simply savor all of them in my memory.

But if my all-time favorite DRINK gets extinct, I will no longer survive. Come to think of it, neither will you. For me, nothing beats a BIG BOTTLE OF WATER :)



My entry didn't make much sense and that's how it is supposed to be coz this girl is about to start her much-awaited SEMESTRAL BREAK!

Blogger Dorothy said...

Yep. I hate transcribing conversations. Especially interviews in Psych!!! ....

I love Twix too! Wait... wala na bang orig? Ano ba yung orig? There's lots where I am right now!!! :O)

October 27, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

I know! I have lots to transcribe pa! :( AAAHH!

Oh yeah, I think you have lots of TWIX there! (yan yung original version!) wla na maxado sa supermarkets/groceries here :(

October 27, 2006 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dessert food trip! yummy! love twix as well but chocolate "poison" that is quite difficult to find would be reese's peanut butter cups!

used to do a lot of transcriptions in college too --fgds mostly. and they were a real pain in the ass. funny how in the "real" (ie, corporate) world these things barely get a glance. so much for all that work.

October 28, 2006 1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lala!

are you on your official break yet?

i am! at exactly 1 in the afternoon!

i will read this entry again.

i plan to eat a lot for one week.

enjoy!

October 28, 2006 2:08 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.