http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: My Cupcakes Story!

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Cupcakes Story!

One of the commonalities I share with my sisters is our loooooooooove for sweets! My sisters and I could start our meals with desserts and end with desserts (with the main course in between!)

Whenever I try out a new dessert in some place, I remember my sisters and think how they would love what I'm having. But particular desserts also seem to remind me of a particular sister. For instance, crepes and creme brulees remind me of Ling. Chocolate chip cookies and window cathedrals remind me of Nikki. Expensive chocolates and kalihim (yes, the tig-piso bread from Filipino bakeries with the red filling) remind me of Ate Monica. ;)

And whenever I see the desserts and sweets mentioned above, my sisters' images just pop in my head. So in a way, wherever I am, my sisters are always at the back of my mind.

Franco, on the other hand, is our complete opposite when it comes to sweets and desserts. He never craves for them. He'd rather eat the main course. He could actually survive an entire lifetime being "dessertless". :p

So it's a big deal for me that I convinced Franco to try out "Cupcakes" by Sonja in Serendra.
Now I could truly say that *cupcakes* remind me of him. ;) And to all those who know the old high school story behind the term "cupcake"... well here's another one I recently made.



The Title Page (it was there!)


Lala and Franco: Under the cupcakes spell...


The flourless cupcake and the carrot cupcake aka Padawan huggers.

Finishing off the flourless chocolate cupcake first...
and cherishing that P98 til the very last centavo.
(Ang mahal naman nyan for a chocolate cupcake. True. Once is enough.)

That's my personal artsy/ad shot and Franco's my unknowing victim.
(ok, I'm giving you permission to laugh silently)
So am I a frustrated comm student or what?



Smile of satisfaction.
See those high rise buildings reflected by my sunglasses? Nice.

And the Cupcakes story continues...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweeet entry, lala!

i love desserts too! leche flan (kahit yung mga binebenta sa MRT stations) does it for me.

but now, i wanna have those cupcakes too!

have a great day!

November 09, 2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Oooh! I love leche flan too! as in ;)

yup, try the cupcakes! you'll love them :) TC!

November 10, 2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Stella, 1st floor of Serendra in Fort (near Market Market) :)

November 12, 2006 9:12 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.