http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: One hit and a thousand miss

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Monday, November 13, 2006

One hit and a thousand miss

Sometimes I just have to write for myself but other times I want others to read what I write and elicit any form of reaction. I tell myself that my posts, articles, and entries need not to be flawless. They just have to be real. (Atleast when I try to be real. Writing fiction is a different story.)

Sometimes, well ok oftentimes, I find myself appreciating my own creation. But who else would appreciate them if not me? or my family and friends? So in order for my creations to be appreciated, I appreciate them. I guess that's enough for me. For now. ;)

I'm not saying that what I write are flawless. They're absolutely flawed. It's just that I appreciate their flaws. I appreciate my own attempts to be honest along with my failure of presenting truth in its barest form. I appreciate what my writings lack, what could be added, and what they actually have. I appreciate the varying lengths of my pieces. I appreciate the ending, the beginning, and the body in all their forms.

I'm happy to create more. And I'm not being haughty or anything. There's a fine line between being haughty and confident. I think as Filipinos, we drew that line so thinly.

I truly think that we should all learn to appreciate ourselves. How do we expect others to appreciate us in whatever we do if we do not appreciate ourselves? So yes, appreciate your work and creations. Be it in writing, designing, performing, composing, or getting those most coveted high grades. Be proud of them. You worked so hard for them. You know you did and you should be proud that you did.

As for your personal creations and those hidden talents that are yet to be discovered, why not share them? Let others constructively critize them. Only then do we learn more. Oh, never mind the statistics of having one great hit amidst a dozen failures. We're even lucky if the ratio remained at 1:12.

Just remember that we lose more than we win, but we win more when we try more. As long as we're breathing, we each have a random chance of hitting that bull's eye.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we miss you lala!!!hahaha

-glennster

November 14, 2006 5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aight lala! i think that's what i usually lack too.."self-appreciation" hihi! *winks..

November 14, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

PARTNER! I miss you guys!

Ninya, it's never too late to appreciate ourselves ;) TC!

November 14, 2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ang cute ng blog mo, ang saya basahin. ililink kita sa ginagawa kong blog. :) - erika

November 14, 2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

wow, thanks erika! :)

November 14, 2006 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice piece Lala!

Good point! I guess that is also the reason why I started my blog for everyone to see... even if I'm not a writer anyway! Sometimes, it takes a lot of guts to be able to unleash your "hidden talents." :O)

Oh yeah. The collages arent via photoshop. So you still have to teach me! :OP

November 16, 2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

I'll teach you when you get back, promise :) TC there and keep on "unleashing your talents", my dear.

November 18, 2006 11:02 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.