http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Live it. Love it.

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Live it. Love it.

I'm back from a Hong Kong trip with my best friend from Canada, Cami! This was the first time I went out of the country with a friend (with no family member or whatsoever). So yes, I felt a bit independent especially about handling my own money and about securing ourselves out there in a different city...

The last time I went there, I was with my entire family and it was in October 2003. It was a funny experience actually because I ended up on TV (haha!) Thanks to former MYX VJ Ala! ;)

FLASHBACK:
...back to October 2003...
Prior to departure, I saw Ala in the Centennial airport washroom. I knew who she was but I wasn't so sure if she knew me. We were Math 11 classmates in college but I was sitting at the back of that class so we really didn't have the chance to mingle. (Besides, our Math 11 class was taught in a traditional lecture manner where you never get to interact with your classmates. Ever.) But I think somehow you just know it when you see a batchmate... Lo and behold, she knew me by face. We ended up talking there in the washroom and discovered that we were on the same flight!

Once we've landed and claimed our luggages, Ala and I were talking about where we were staying etc. And TA-DAN!!! Her cameraman was shooting us both all those time, giving me a few minutes (yeah I think they were actually minutes) of stardom, mwahaha!! So when they aired the episode on MYX, friends kept on texting me but somehow I was always out and couldn't find a nearby TV. Even my Theology professor told me that he saw me on TV but I NEVER GOT TO SEE IT! Boo!

Fast Forward to January 26, 2007:
I was in class on a Friday night when Cami sent me a text message:
Cami: Tell your prof you'll be absent next week.
Lala: hmmm, ok...


Of course there was still more planning behind all these. I couldn't just be plucked out of my house anytime. (I really don't have that much cash and time.) Cami has been telling me about the trip for months, even when she was still in Canada, but I couldn't say yes due to my erratic school schedule (reporting, etc). When I learned about my class reporting schedule and knew that my professor was A-OK with me missing one of her classes, I took it as a GO-signal.

After a few hours, I asked permission from my parents. I got an easy YES from my mom (who was sort of briefed about this trip before and asked me if I wanted to go) but I still had to answer all my dad's questions (which made me think that he could have been a good lawyer too if not a doctor), and then waited for a miracle to happen.

And it did... in the form of this line from my dad: "Where's your passport?" (Translation: ok you could go).

And after a few days, Cami and I flew.

January 31 - February 4
YEAH, LIVE IT and LOVE IT!






I think I lived and loved it too much. ;) I'm down again with cough and colds. It was BRRRRRRRR COLD there especially at night and I think that cold Disney night caught me off guard. But as always, I know I'll be back on my feet in no time!

Oooh, I can't wait for another trip this 2007!
But I'm just gonna take things in one at a time... ;)

* * *

CAMI dearest
: Thank you so much for this unforgettable trip! I hope all of us girls could go somewhere again next time! And we'll make more memories for the elephant, hahaha! See you soon, mmwah!

SPECIAL THANKS to Tito Peter and Tita Pie Wilken: You guys are the best and the coolest hosts :) See you all soon!

And to Rowell Cuenza: Thank you so much for everything! I hope to see you dance soon! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, great experiences hun! reminds me of my trip last Oct. nag-ikot dn ako mag-isa, hehe.

Cheers to the independent women!

February 14, 2007 10:44 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

thanks for dropping by! get well soon :) mmwah!

February 14, 2007 10:47 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.