http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Surprise Surprise!

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Surprise Surprise!

It's the day after Valentine's Day. I really hope you all had fun!

My V-afternoon was spent with my groupmates, Nena Dehn and Nica Dayo. If my name were Nala Dara instead of Lala Jara, our group could have been funny.

Prior to yesterday, people were asking me how I would spend my Valentine's day. And today, as expected, others asked me how I spent it.

I spent Vday, Vnight rather, as planned-- inside the comforts of home, away from traffic, and with persons I love. I had dinner with my dad, mom, and Ling complete with candlelight effect! ;p Kuya Paolo was in Ria's house and my two other sisters were of course in Manila since Vday fell on a weekday. Franco came from Bulacan (oh, he no longer works in Cebu btw, yay!) and visited after dinner. He spent time at our place although he was down with colds. Aww, sweeeeet.

And as you all know (if you just read my blog), I am not fond of flowers so instead of receiving a bouquet, I got LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of Twix chocolates! I don't know how Franco did it but he found the Twix version that I love. I shared some with Ling and I'm planning to share the rest with Nikki and Ate Monica over the weekend. (It's also the perfect way to lessen calories!) I also received a book about putting up a child care center! (how nerdy ba? haha.) And of course, I received my favorite item of all -- a Valentine card. (Ok disclosure ends here.) It was a happy Valentine indeed! :)

Oooooh for my surprise (Carmie, here it is!)... I couldn't wait any longer for the JPEG copy from Sarah (there goes my low EQ) so I'm just going to post the "actual copy" that all of us could have had if you just read your newspaper last Sunday or yesterday! This one's from yesterday's paper. :p

I was greeted in the morning by this! I got surprised actually because I didn't know I would see it yesterday morning. BUT NO, Hello Valentine. Good morning, Sunshine!

I've never been in the newspaper for a print ad before! Let me just do this please??? :-)




Thank you so much to my beautiful friend, Sarah Bautista, who submitted my photo and made me do this ad! Mwah, mwah, mwah! :)


* * *
Last Sunday, we had a shoot for Doray's campaign materials. I worked behind the scenes with my friends and had loads of fun! The atmosphere's really the best when you're working with great friends who have fresh personalities. By the end of the shoot, we were all eating lunch at the Doray's house and you'd think we were all friends from the very start. (fyi: the three of them just met one another that day)

Here were some of the behind the scenes photos...

The photographer, Louis Fojas, and his equipment:



The make-up artist, Carmie Locsin, and her equipment:


Doray getting ready for her shoot:



One of her many photos. I just cropped this one.
DSC_2099. This is my vote.


For the FUN PART!
It's the photo that says move over, whoever...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lala jars!!! oo nga parang magkamukha kayo! hahahahaha!

and wow i kinda look more malaman in the picture you took. (or not?)

thanks again see you soon!

February 16, 2007 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me pala . . . carmie

February 16, 2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

CARMS: hahaha!

yes, i think it was the cropping :)

see you sat, habol kme ni franco! stay late please... don't leave til we get there! :D

February 16, 2007 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, lala!

that girl with the heart balloon looks alot like you.

*ang saya*!

great job, dear!

February 16, 2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

thank you thank you thank you so much for the shoot! ...

thanks to carmie and louis as well!
mwah!!!

February 18, 2007 1:26 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Tien: haha, thanks dear :)

Doray: yay! glad you enjoyed, mmwah! :)

February 18, 2007 9:55 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.