http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: sheltering some mayas

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, May 10, 2007

sheltering some mayas

Three days ago, rain started to pour. There were some drizzling then there were some slightly bigger raindrops but I haven't witnessed a full-blown rainy day yet.

This afternoon, it poured again. A small group of lovely mayas found shelter in our garage. If I had the same gift that photographers had, I would have taken their photos and blogged them here. But since I did not have that talent, I am hoping that you could picture the little mayas waiting for the rain to stop as I describe how that brief moment was.

Amidst the sound of raindrops, there they were, chirping. There were three of them but I'm guessing that there were more aside from the ones within my sight. Their chirping was louder than usual maybe because I was closer to them than how I typically am to them in any given day. It was either that or there were really more than three mayas enjoying their newfound shelter. Or it could be both. And then they were gone because the rainpour was short and sweet. More like a teaser. A preview of what to expect for the next coming months.

Remember how hot it has been for the past weeks or so? Now, the rain has begun.

I've been writing about temperature changes in my posts, which means that the changes are noticeable. More than being noticeable, they are bothering me.

And it's not the grabe-hassle-naman kind of bothering. It's the this-is-weird-and-something -wrong-must-be-happening-to-the-world kind.

I tell this to my friends often. I'm not sure whether they take me seriously or not. The summer sun is so hot that it ends up evaporating so much water. Eventually, they condense into clouds. And when the clouds could not take it any longer, precipitation a.k.a. rain occurs. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the water cycle as we learned in gradeschool.

I like simple explanations. First, because they work. Second, because parsimony wins my heart.

So many days have been freakishly hot and dry (check out my blog archive or the weather reports). Let us brace ourselves because it will be freakishly wet and cold for the next coming months. I am not predicting this from nothing. As the saying goes, a certain bird told me this.

Eleksyon na sa Lunes.

For some reason, a lot of people I've been speaking with are not voting or have not registered and thus cannot vote. How sad. It's not simply because they do not care. Most of them feel bad about it too. Everyone has a reason. And I leave it at that for now.

To all those who are voting, let us vote wisely. Prepare your crib notes better known as THE KODIGO.

I think this is the only time that everyone is encouraged to have a KODIGO.
Obviously, we don't want to make a mistake by electing wrong people into governance. Sadly, even a kodigo does not assure us that.

Vote wisely.

Blogger Carina said...

talk about climate change/global warming. iba na talaga. it's making headlines na nga.check out our website www.klima.ph and www.observatory.ph

ingats!
carina

May 11, 2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

exactly. :) thanks carina, i'll visit those sites!

TC!

May 11, 2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

You can put back my bloglink again. hehehe :O) thanks!!!

May 15, 2007 2:19 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.