http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Better days

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Better days

...are here to come. And STAY :)

I've paused from blogging and Multiplying primarily because I don't have photos to post. I never got to find my camera and I think it won't come back anytime soon. As *Tien* said though, better things come to those who let go. ;)

Despite the fact that nobody returned it back to me, I actually find people around me kinder. All the mommies in the preschool where I teach offer to take my pics and tell me that they'll just send me photos with my kids. One parent from another class actually gave me a black and white hard copy of my photo with my students. I'll post that soon. I left the photo on the shelf in my classroom and I'll probably be coming back to get it in a few more days...

because...

Sem break is finally here!!! I just emailed an article I wrote for Chalk this afternoon. Let's all wait for it to come out in the future. For the meantime, check out CHALK magazine this October with Bea and John Lloyd on the cover. I contributed an article in that issue about Alessandra Tinio's trip to South India. :) Thank you to Wanggo for believing in my writing ability. I'm actually enjoying the things I'm doing at present, no matter how small the steps I'm taking.

Now that I can stay at home for most of the day, I won't be doing that. I'll actually start going back to research and write that thesis proposal with full speed. It's funny that I have to blog about it so just in case I falter along the way, my blog will remind me to work work WORK!

HALLOWEEN is around the corner and I'm excited to wear another costume! Thanks to Alessa and Patty. I love dressing up for Halloween and grabbing chances to be NOT normally dressed. ;-)

That's all for now. I'm just writing down random thoughts. Isn't this fun? No rules. No fuss. Just plain typing and letting my words take me to where I am now.

It's one of the things I learned for the past weeks. :) To just let things flow...

MY GRADUATION from the 36th run of Tapping the Creative Universe deserves to be the ender of this post. Let's just say better things are really coming. I'm a graduate!






Meet our Teacher, Jim Paredes.

He warmly welcomed us in his home and guided us as we opened our minds to all these possibilities. Those five nights and one afternoon were some of the most memorable moments of my entire October. I went to class like an eager student each time and absorbed everything I could and applied it to my life. In the process, I discovered a lot about myself and others. In the end, I shared a part of me that I didn't even I know I had. I listened to stories that I will forever hold with respect and confidentiality. The journey continues...

Thank you to Adjeng, Mabel, Tess, Audri, Aleli, Dave, Nala, Margaret, and Ed for starting that journey with me.

Special thanks to Rocker Mabel for taking photos and sending them to me. :)

My take on the sixth rule: Live it. Love it. -Philosopher HK

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lala!

sa wakas! a new post from you. you write very well so kahit walang photos to go with your posts, i'm sure it will definitely be worth reading.

my last day at work today too! the kids needed their break. pati mga therapists. =)

enjoy the vay-cay!

take care always.

love,
tien

October 27, 2007 9:43 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Hi Tien!

Yay, sa wakas talaga new post ;-) Thanks for the kind words you wrote! I think I discovered a way to post pics without taking any of my own (for now). It just proves how nice people are.

Enjoy your vacation too (of course you always do!)
Soak in the sun for me! TC

love,
lala

October 27, 2007 11:42 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.