http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Pre-Halloween

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pre-Halloween

The last role I portrayed on stage in high school was Gaea, Greek goddess/Mother Earth for our English class monologue. I still remember that project distinctly because I researched about my role, conceptualized my version of Gaea, wrote my own script, made my own costume (pinning my sheer tela here and there), bought the necessary make-up, collected all these leaves and potpourri as part of my props, and acted in front of our entire batch to represent our class.

Seven years later... I find myself filling up another maternal role.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Presenting the three bears from Goldilocks&The Three Bears!
Cara: Baby Bear, Duckee: Papa Bear, and yours truly as Mama Bear.

This was for the play we had in preschool prior to Trick or Treating! Entertaining the kids by acting on stage was fulfilling on its own so even if we looked funny as bears, we were still game.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If given the choice though, even if these bears look cute for the kids, we'd still like to look like something else for Halloween.

Actually the costumes we choose to wear during Halloween are sometimes reflective of the lives that we want to live. My co-teacher and good friend, Kat, did say she always wanted to be a witch so it wasn't surprising that she dressed up as one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kat with her students. :)

As for me, well I looked like this...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Gypsy. Indian Girl. Taekwondo gal.


Back in second year high school, I did my own Trick-or-treating in our village wearing a similarly designed costume with a very very big plastic bag in tow. Who would have thought I'd wear the same "costume" again years after? But now, I have better make-up skills and my hands are no longer stretched out to ask for goodies. I hold my students' hands instead and prod them to say "Trick or Treat", "Thank you", and "Happy Halloween!"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed my short pre-Halloween story! For now, I'd have to think of creative ways to look like a gal from the 80's! Can't wait for the 31st :) I love Halloweeeeeens!

Special thanks to Cara and Mommy MR for the photos above!

Blogger Pj said...

cool... halloween... olats... wala ako sa pinas... d masaya halloween dito... huhuhuhuhu...

October 29, 2007 9:59 AM  
Blogger Cat Juan said...

you look so cute in your costume! :)

October 29, 2007 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cuteness, lala!

the first time i went trick or treat-ing with *my* kids, i was a purple faery. i did my own wings too.

will wait for your new halloween photos.

=)

October 29, 2007 1:42 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

hey pj, really? where are you?

Thanks cat and tien dears! :)

November 04, 2007 12:19 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.