http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: So many...

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

So many...

So many things can happen in a day. And so much more in a month.

Yesterday, I went to see my throat doctor and learned that I have an infection in my pharynx. I was asked "not to engage in any form of athletics for a week". So here I am at home, finishing other things that do not require my heart to pump faster. I am now currently under medication and under observation. I asked if I could still teach. My doctor said yes but using loud voices aren't allowed. I wonder if I was able to emphasize that I teach kids in the morning. So now after having a 3-hour class which included loads of singing and dancing, I think I have been BAD to my pharynx (and larynx too!)

I finished two things while "healing" myself. It felt good printing them out and seeing where my life is heading in a few months' time. As always, I don't like jinxing things so I'll just tell you everything when my efforts have bloomed into something soon.

~ o ~

Last month, one of my dear grandmothers passed away. She's the sister of my lolo who used to pamper us with gifts when we were kids. I remember her talking to us over the phone and asking us what we wanted. Whenever she visited, we'd have our very own picnic in front of our house and she'd order "pisa" (pizza) for everyone. During my gradeschool years, she used to send Trapper Keepers and Lisa Franks to all her grandchildren. And she had A LOT of them. She loved shopping so much but not for herself. Her being a shopaholic was directed to all her nephews, nieces, and tons of grandchildren. Oh, especially the grandchildren.

During my 18th birthday, which was a costume party, she attended as Cory Aquino with her short locks and yellow outfit, probably finding humor in having to share the same surname. I love the fact that my lola also wore a costume and enjoyed the night with the rest of the younger people. I remember her and my other dear lola saying that the "emcees" that night were incredible. I explained that they were two of my very good friends and that I wrote their scripts. haha.

During her wake, one of my titas showed me a copy of my high school grad photo that I sent my lola a long time ago. She kept it with her passport all these years. Imagine that. It never occurred to me that she kept it that safe until that night. I read the dedication I made at the back, awed at how "young" my penmanship was. I laughed at how I used to write ellipses like this one... at the end of most of my sentences.

At the end of my dedication for her, I was thanking her for specific gifts, making memories rush back to me that night. I was teary-eyed. It was time. We love you, Lola Jit. And thank you. :)

~ o ~
As I said, so many things can happen in a month. Let's just say that I've been to several ups and downs with a whole bunch of learning. The most unforgettable line for me -- Changes aren't necessarily good or bad. I just have to face them.

Oh yes, I am definitely growing up.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there will always be GIFTS in going through changes.

have a lovely december, lala!

*hugs*

December 07, 2007 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear about your lola, but i'm glad you have so many fond memories of her!

hey take care of your throat, drink water a lot ha, you can't be a voiceless teacher!

-carmie

December 08, 2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Tien: thank you dear. I'm sure you're having a lovely and grand December. :-) TC and hope to hear from you soon!

Lucky CHARM: thank you dearie! I feel a bit better. Thanks for your msg. It actually reminded me to take my medication as in right now. haha! :) hugs

December 09, 2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 09, 2007 10:31 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.