http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Across the Universe

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Across the Universe

Holy Thursday.

I'm back to blogging on a quiet day. No big announcements. Just a few updates.

The real world has been good to me. I said farewell to my students as they graduated from Transition class. I wrote each one of them a letter that they could hopefully read again years from now. The "Mommies", "Daddies", and I can now call each other on a first name basis as one of them has suggested. After one school year of teaching their kids how to read/write/add/subtract, how to differentiate right from left, how to differentiate right from wrong, how to differentiate the first right from right, how to express one's self through art, play, and language, I think we ALL did a great job. Kudos to us!

* * *

Summer has been welcomed. I've felt truly relaxed and at home during the past days.

Photobucket Photobucket


Summer means short breaks for me. It's mainly for focusing on my proposal. I'm back to being a student again and climbing my personal rock. This will be quite a long break from teaching kids because I want to explore other career paths I have in mind. Oh, I'm not closing doors completely. I'm just leaving it ajar for a while.


* * *

I watched the film "Across the Universe" last night. I'm amazed how the writers patched a good number of Beatles' songs to write a story and create a musical about the Vietnam war. It touches on several issues of people and youth -- young love, death, drafting, drugs, revolution, and deeper love for humanity. The characters' names were based on the songs and their nationalities also represent different people of the world. The movie ends on a rooftop where the Beatles also held their last concert. I couldn't agree more that in this universe, all we need is love.

I recommend everyone to allot two hours of free time to watch this film because like the Beatles' lyrics and music, this film remains to be relevant even up to this day and age.

Blogger xxoo, c said...

oh my gosh i super love this movie! ive seen it mga 6 times na i can watch it again and again for the songs!

March 21, 2008 12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that you're back to blogging again =) I like reading your blogs.... nakakatouch =)

March 21, 2008 10:53 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Carms, me too! :)
Darwin, naks salamat. Shoot tayo ulit next time? TC :) Carmie, uwi na. hehe.

March 22, 2008 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will try to catch it.
i want to see if the filipina performed well (T.V. Carpio)...

anong name and location nung beach sa photos mo? looks remote and not crowded at all which i like.

thanks!
tc!

~Albert

April 01, 2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Albert, that's La Luz in Batangas. I'm not sure how to book (preschool did it for us) but I heard you have to really book it in advance. Search for it online.

I think it looked less crowded because we went on a Sunday. Those photos were taken on a Monday morning, a really early monday morning ;) I enjoy remote and almost empty beaches too.

April 02, 2008 3:11 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.