http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Bohol, Philippines

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Monday, April 07, 2008

Bohol, Philippines

At first, I was thinking of writing facts that I learned from my trip to Bohol. But then at the last minute, I decided to write the way I usually do. I just want to enjoy the flow of my thoughts and share with you why I find this trip special.

It doesn't need a large group of people to make things fun. The word FUN itself is made up of only three letters. You just have to make the right combination. I took care of the initial planning and scouting for accommodations. Sassy took care of the final accommodations and our music. Ling took care of printing the itinerary days before the trip and thinking about our food. And we all went there as first-timers who just enjoyed chilling and making the most out of the trip. If I were to be letter "U", then Ling and Sassy would be my "F" and "N", respectively.


Photobucket



I enjoyed Bohol's simplicity. Seeing the famous Chocolate Hills while standing on top of another "chocolate hill" is equally amazing for me as the car ride to that area. Because there wasn't any traffic, the hour and a half spent in the car was purely for fresh air enjoyment. We pulled down our windows and just allowed the wind to travel with us.


Photobucket


We also learned a bit of history. We went to the blood compact site between Sikatuna and Legazpi. We walked through the halls of Baclayon Church, which was made out of corals and egg whites. This is considered the second oldest Church in the Philippines and could have been the first church if only the San Agustin Church in Intramuros did not overtake Baclayon's construction speed. The colorful reflections on the church floor struck us which were created by the sun's rays passing through the stained glass windows.



Photobucket


We slept early at night to wake up early in the morning. Our boat was ready at 6 am because we had to make sure the dolphins would still be visible. We did catch glimpses of the beautiful dolphins. The adult dolphins' grace and synchronized movement captivated us. The baby dolphins' sudden full body jumps were equally captivating as they were amusing.


Photobucket


After snorkeling and island hopping, we found an isolated place called Virgin Island. It had such a long sandbar and if only we weren't there at 1:30pm, we could have stayed for hours and hours just chilling in the middle of the sea.

Photobucket


I still have so many unwritten thoughts about Bohol but I choose to keep some of them to myself for now. Let me share with you this last photo though... It may look slightly familiar.

Whenever I feel like doing so, I spread my arms like the one below and just be for that moment. I enjoy doing this, not caring about what onlookers think.


Photobucket


This is my attempt to be one with nature. I open my arms as wide as I can and take everything in as I send all of me out to the sky. :)

Blogger Lizzz said...

Looks like you had a blast. Pictures are great! I wish I could to Bohol this year. TC!

April 10, 2008 4:07 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Hey Liz, thanks! Yeah, try to go. you take care too :)

April 13, 2008 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more photos =)

i just want to share my version of the arms-spread-out-to-the-heavens...

April 14, 2008 8:24 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Albert, cool. How did you make yourself float out of the water like that? hidden sandbar? ;)

April 15, 2008 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a long stretch of clear shallow waters on one west side of Potipot Island. water level reached only half of my legs. i carried a rock to that spot and stood on it.
;)

April 15, 2008 8:16 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.