http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Summer Plans

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Summer Plans

Sometimes I wonder what kind of post I'd end up writing. I start with a line and it just leads me somewhere. I don't usually plan when I write in my blog but maybe I should start doing so. Come to think of it, I actually have some major points in my head and I just type away until I drive to those points. When blogging, I'm guided by keypoints rather than a fixed outline.

I remember one of my college friends who's now in med school. During our undergraduate years, she would have everything neatly done. Everything is planned, outlined, and finished on the dot. She has the plans and outlines in her head if not written on paper. And that simply amazes me. I think it's part of her nature as a person. As for me, that's not my natural behavior so I have to put extra effort in planning.

Organizing is something I have to spend time on. I write schedules and actually feel that when I write them down, I am putting finality to them. It doesn't work all the time though. Sometimes I stick to those schedules but on other times, I find myself adjusting again and again and again. I fill my schedule with things that are remotely related. I should be wary of spreading myself too thin though. I once took a personality values test and found that my highest score was in "Variety". I couldn't agree more.

The more things I try to do, the more I have to plan. Right now, I use this 2008 planner from Home of Poi which Ramir gave during Christmas. (I must say it was one of the most useful gifts I've received.)

Now that most of my time is in my hands, I have to work extra hard in following my own schedule and be organized. It's harder than I thought. Without the concepts of time-in and overtime, I have to be stricter with myself. And oh my, I wish I could be scared of myself sometimes so I'd work doubly hard. What I did notice with myself however is that when I have travel plans, I work ten times as hard as I usually do. I try to finish things before leaving and it makes me a more responsible person.

As I keep on saying, I must devote most of my time to my thesis. Right after this post, I'll be transcribing some pre-interviews I did. I think I found my personal technique: injecting travels every now and then to push me harder.

Ahhh, work?! No problemo. Bring them on. I have my secret weapon with me. The heat keeps on reminding us it's already April. :)

Photobucket

Hot. Summer. Hot. Fire. Shoot for ABSCBNs summer station ID.
PlanetZips representatives (L-R): Ramir Recinto, Des Uy, Lala Jara, Jamie Jarabejo, Reg Tongol

PS: Bohol photos/update coming soon :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned a useful way of keeping a planner from my boss. She has different post-its, 1 color per category of work(e.g. acads, work, personal, etc. --- you can subdivide the categories further).
She does not write on the planner pages directly. instead she writes the tasks on the post-its --- 1 task per 1 post-it.
if the work is done, you can simply take the post-it off. But i chose to keep the things accomplished on the page for my own recording.

the good thing with her technique is that you can simply re-stick the unaccomplished tasks to another date --- thus preventing messy erasures.

it is also easy to monitor if you are neglecting some aspects of you work by simply looking at the present colors in you day or week plan.

i'm not using this anymore though as i have downloaded an organizer software, which functions much like the microsoft access.

April 03, 2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

I like that idea. :) Thanks for sharing, Erika.

April 04, 2008 7:48 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Hi Lala! Goodluck sa thesis. Pareho tayo. Hay, di ako umabot sa graduation. Anyway, gusto ko na lang talaga matapos ito :)

Sabi ko na't Planetzips ang nasa station ID ng ABS. I was looking for you, hehe

April 05, 2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger vanilla chocnut said...

hey lala! 'saw the ABS station id na! galing! =) hope you have a great summer ahead. =)

- lianne

April 07, 2008 9:24 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Hi Carina! Good luck to us both :) Ako rin may bagong goal... October 2008. We can do this!

Hey Lianne, thanks :) Have a great summer too! Hope to see you zipping with us soon.

April 09, 2008 8:44 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.