http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Two Marshmallows, Please?

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Friday, May 09, 2008

Two Marshmallows, Please?

One of the famous experiments in Psychology involves testing EQ levels of children by leaving them alone in a room with one piece of marshmallow. If they eat the marshmallow, they get that single treat. If they don't touch it at all, they get two when the researcher returns.

I want two marshmallows.

Life is short but if I could spend a little bit more time striving for two marshmallows instead of gobbling up one, wouldn't that be a better choice? And especially so when it's time to get my extra marshmallow.

My youngest sister isn't a big fan of marshmallows so they changed the example to Oreo cookies. The same principle applied. The result? She decided to enter Medical school.

As for me, you all know med school is not in my list. I'll have three sisters turning into Doctors. Actually one of them already is. Each of them will always have a sister who lives a life of an artist. Me. :)

Oh, and that artist still wants her two marshmallows so she has to work very hard for the next coming months.

As I said, two marshmallows, please?

Blogger Unknown said...

My big sister and all three of my brothers are either in the Medical or Dental field. So si bunso (and that's me) lang ang pumasok sa Academe/CS! So pareho pala na tayo ang naiba sa pamilya. Our families are lucky since we gave the clan some form of variety! Good luck in the next months, dadamayan kita :) I'm working on something and Im stuck here in Singapore for 2 months! All my loved ones are back at home...*sigh* marshmallows nga naman..:) ------ btw check out our conjugal site: http://lovelomolove.blogspot.com

May 10, 2008 1:34 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Drei! Thank you talaga! Ok, I'll check out your lomo site! Good luck over there in Singapore. Hope all is well! Like my other friend, I think you deserve 5 marshmallows for what you've been doing ;)

Maraming salamat sa pagdamay. :)

May 13, 2008 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like three marshmallows! hehe =)
please update the link of my blog it's now

http://liamanalac.wordpress.com

May 21, 2008 11:19 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.