http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Fresh Start

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fresh Start

I believe that when there are days that aren't as peachy as we would like them to be, it's because our characters are being tested. But if suddenly all the days just seem a little bit less peachy to us, then maybe there's nothing really wrong with the days. Perhaps it's time to accept that the problem is within ourselves.

For the past weeks or so, I feel like I've been a little bit crankier... holding a little bit of angst over little details that I would not usually fuss about. Or sometimes I would succumb to pressure and just find myself not being the best person that I could be. It's alarming to notice such things about yourself especially when friends used to describe you with these words: grace under pressure.

And to find that lost grace because of things that just pile one after another is a challenge that begins with recognition. I got through Step 1. I recognized those changes about myself. And I thought about being the positive person that I usually am.

After a personal reflection over the weekend, I think that I'm ready for a fresh new start again. Our so-called "quarter life crisis" in the mid-20s just happens when we let it. The truth is we're young and we're learning. As a mentor once said, own your statements with the word I so here goes -- I am young and I am learning.

It's important that I pass this way. It's important that I be at this point in life. Without this point, I don't get there. This is not the highest point in my life in terms of personal achievements but I am on the way. I am moving. Although it's not as fast as I would want it to be, I am actually moving. And I feel it.

Sometimes I just need to be reminded of things that I often hear but just have to listen to again... that the journey is as important as the destination.

For someone who loves to travel, I enjoy the rides, seeing new things outside the window, and being with people who are taking their own journeys too. In real life, I'm thankful that I have people who travel with me, taking the little steps, making the journey fun. Maybe I should look out the window every once in a while and see that if I went faster than this, I wouldn't be able to see and I wouldn't be able to enjoy the company of those traveling with me...that sometimes slow is good.

Reading my old posts reminded me of how optimistic and how excited I was to become the best person I could be, to contribute to the world, and to live with passion. I just have to remind myself now that I need this point in life in order to reach those other higher points I aspire for.

This Sunday, I'm having a fresh new start. A week from now, a big day is coming up for me. A week of preparation is in my hands. I feel that to find that lost grace would be just right. Grace under pressure and uncertainties. :)


Photobucket
A portion of my photo collage last year that makes me view the world with optimism and reminds me of dreams.

* * *



HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to ALL FATHERS OUT THERE! :)
As for my Father's Day post, please click on June 2006 in my Archives and read "Daddy's Little Girl". I think I'll enjoy reading it over and over again for Father's Day. Some things have changed from then 'til now (as two years has already passed and a few details no longer hold true) but the essence is still there: I wrote it with lots of love! :D Enjoy Father's Day!

* * *


Have a beautiful week filled with passion, everyone!

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.