http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Wedding Bloggables

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Friday, July 25, 2008

Wedding Bloggables

My brother is getting married in less than two weeks and I'll be having another older sister! :)

Theirs will be the first wedding in my immediate family and the 23rd wedding I'll be attending in general. (I'm one of those girls who counts all the weddings she has attended. Haha!) My mom was astonished not by the number of weddings I've attended but by the fact that I remember each one of them to the point of being able to count.

I do remember each and every one of those 23 weddings very vividly. In fact I remember each of the churches, receptions, invitations, color motifs, dresses, program hosts, performers, speeches, and the desserts. I also remember whether the guys were required to wear Barong Tagalog or coat-and-tie. Of course, I remember the brides' gowns and notice their makeup too which make them glow. Lovely! And if I were really struck by the arrangements, sometimes I even remember the flowers!

What can I say? My episodic memory is way much better than my semantic memory. Plus weddings are so happy that I can't help but remember all of them.

I'm getting sentimental and all happy, mushy, slushy. I've actually been watching videos by Jason Magbanua and have labeled my favorite in my head. I've been checking out his works since the day Kuya Pao and Ate Ria decided to get him for their wedding video. I've also been listening to songs that would suit the cocktails area for the reception and planning the songs with a good friend of mine who's as much of a romantic as I am. I think her love bug bit me too.

Here's my favorite (by far) Jason Magbanua video. I'm a sucker when it comes to good music, impressive cinematography, and real love put together. I hope Andrei and Minerva don't mind me linking their video HERE.

Blogger Dr.Peppermint said...

Wow that's impressive. :) Your own wedding will probably be exceptional then. I love weddings too.. I can always picture everything in my head. It's amazing how so many people are getting married this year! But hey, maybe I'm just getting older. :)

I'm still on the lookout for THE wedding though :p

Best wishes in advance :)

July 27, 2008 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your friend, with all the weddings you've attended, I bet you know na what to do with your own wedding.

I read somewhere, if a bride is more excited shopping for bridesmaid dresses, then she's never been a bridesmaid herself. Shux naisip ko, that's so true!!! Hahaha, coz that's how I am now. Hahahaha =)

So good for you, =) Can't wait to see photos of your own wedding soon.

July 28, 2008 8:10 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

DR. PEPPER: Uh oh I really didn't think of it that way. I was really just counting, haha. I'll start planning when the right time comes na lang ;)

Yep, we're getting older. Cycle of life. :)

LIA: Hahaha, cute! I'm the one excited to see your wedding photos! ;) I know you're enjoying all the preparations!

July 28, 2008 11:27 AM  
Blogger Dr.Peppermint said...

i just saw the video you linked, and it was amazing nga. even though i don't know them, their love and joy emanates throughout the video diba? very well-made. ang galing :)

July 30, 2008 8:36 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Exactly! Actually, I don't know them personally either. They're friends of a friend. ;) I just enjoyed watching their video so much.

Ang galing talaga.. and that's why I wanted to share it! :) Besides, it's on You Tube naman eh so maybe they won't mind.

July 30, 2008 1:02 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Yup. Galing nga ni Jason Magbanua noh? I'm getting him for my wedding din! I loved the one he did for your kuya!!! :O) This is also one of my favorites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9saFehQHao

August 25, 2008 4:48 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Good for you! :D We have to see that wedding of the year...yours ;)

August 26, 2008 11:04 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.