http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: The Creatives

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Creatives

For the love of art, a friend of mine and I decided to shoot something today. He has the raw photos with him, which I'm hoping would turn out as incredible as his other artworks. I promise to post them once they're ready for the public eye.

It was a spontaneous kind of shoot. Just a few days ago, I saw his art and liked what I saw. He, on the other hand, saw my photos and I guess he liked my ka-artehan. Harhar. He asked me to become his subject and I said yes.

We are the founders of DADS. Desperate Artists and Desperate Subjects. He coined the term the other day when we realized that we didn't have an available SLR camera to use for our little project. We didn't have anything actually -- no exact location, no make-up artist (I miss you, Carmie! Come home!), no lights except the natural ones -- the sun and the moon. But we just had ideas and the belief that we'd be able to do it. And boy did he have determination! You see, we only had today to shoot because he'd be flying back to Spain for school soon. And so earlier today, right before the shoot, he got his own camera. Using his own words, it was "sweet timing".

But even with the equipment he needed, the weather just wasn't the type you'd want to have for an outdoor shoot. The entire QC was gloomy. There was hardly any sunshine. The sky was filled with one big dark cloud and there was continuous drizzling. I asked him earlier during the day how the weather was in the south as that was where we would shoot. He said it was the same as the one up north but it doesn't mean it's useless. (Told you he was determined.) I agreed that we could work with the weather. And so, that was what we did. Expect the photos to be bleak and gloomy when I post them next time.

Aside from the fact that I walked around familiar areas wearing a very long dress and looking like a girl who came from her prom (except that I was already 25 and with a guy not in tux but with black clothes, spiky hair, and piercings), I enjoyed this particular shoot. Surprisingly, it wasn't tiring. It even felt rejuvenating. Maybe it was the raindrops.

This is how much I believe in creativity. I muster the confidence to wear non-regular garments in familiar places. I traverse heavy traffic. I stand under the drizzling sky. All for the name of creativity.

I remember another good friend of mine when he said last night that he came from a family of dentists except that technically, it was no longer a family of dentists because he broke the record by not being one. He entered advertising, got deeply into writing, and had no inclination or whatsoever to become a dentist. We were in similar situations somehow. He labeled ourselves "the creatives". One can look at it as ruining family tradition. But maybe we just make things more diverse.

Personally, my family loves the idea of me trying out various things. I'm happy because they support me in all the activities I do -- whether finishing my masters, zipping, hosting, writing, or doing other creative activities. For instance, my dad has magazines in his clinic with my articles in them while my mom explains what "zipping" and "poi" is to all her friends who are not familiar with the art. ;) Yeah, I think they're fairly happy with all that I do because they see me enjoying them.

And so far, if you ask me, enjoyment is the no.1 reason why people stay in their jobs and do what they do, whatever it is that they do.

Okay, that's it for today.
I'll show you guys the artwork soon. I hope. :)

Blogger xxoo, c said...

malapit na dear! im so excited na grabe.

August 28, 2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger nina said...

hmmm..that seems to be exciting. cant wait to see ur pics lala. stay pretty! u take care! *vhugs*

August 28, 2008 6:32 PM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

CARM: Yay! I'm excited, you're coming home... Lapit na ;)

NINA: Aww, you take care too. :) I'll post when they come out!

August 29, 2008 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"enjoyment is the no.1 reason why people stay in their jobs and do what they do, whatever it is that they do."

spot on Lala! =)

abangan namin tong upcoming photos mo.

August 31, 2008 1:09 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Coldphonics: Yes, abangan! haha. :)

September 01, 2008 12:10 AM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.