http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Mobility in Metro Manila

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Friday, August 29, 2008

Mobility in Metro Manila

Point A to Point B to Point C, D, E, F, G, H, I... and so on. That's how my day turned out to be. Four Malls. Two corporate buildings. Two food establishments. Three houses. From QC to Makati to Ortigas to QC to Annapolis to San Juan then back to QC. All in one day. But don't worry, guys! I tried to save gas by using the MRT. I also hitched with friends who were going to the same places. And then when it was time for me to drive a car, I made sure someone else was riding with me.

To be honest, I was sort of dreading getting up from my bed this morning because I didn't know how the day would turn out to be. I didn't know some of the places I was supposed to go to and I didn't know how to go about the entire schedule. But guess what? Everything went according to plan (which I devised after taking a shower). Sometimes the best ideas just pop in weird places.

Up until yesterday morning, I thought my Friday would only be comprised of a single interview and loads of transcribing plus a dear friend's 30th birthday bash at night. But when Thursday afternoon arrived, text messages and calls did too. And then all of a sudden, everything that could be scheduled today was scheduled today.

For the first time, I missed lunch at 12 noon. I ate around 3:00pm. I know other busy people are able to do that on a regular basis but for those who know me, that's already something.

At the end of the day (well almost), I'm amazed that I pulled it off. I was able to do all the errands, work, and thesis responsibilities that I needed to do. I even helped a friend with her little project along the way.

Now, I'm back home. But not for long because I'll be leaving again in a few minutes.

I just had to write this. For documentation purposes.

My eyes are beginning to droop but no. Go, go, go.
This is what we do in our mid-20s. We just go, go, go.

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.