http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Pre-Kadayawan Weekend

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pre-Kadayawan Weekend

The weekend before the Kadayawan festival in Davao, my older sister and I finally took our long-awaited vacation. It was filled with fun, food, and fresh air. :)

Flashback to 1993. Ate Monica and I were supposed to go with our dad to Davao City for a short vacation. But my very excited older sister got sick at the time and could no longer join. So my first trip to Davao was with my dad & my younger sister, Nikki.

I remember sleeping in a long car ride, seeing Mt. Apo, and finally seeing the very famous Philippine monkey-eating eagle, PAGASA. Those plus the fact that upon landing in the airport, people placed lei of orchids all around our necks. For those who still don't know, I am not fond of flowers. This quirk of mine started since the day my older sister chased me with one and thoughts of venus fly traps & pitcher plants ruled my head. So most of my life and especially during childhood, I really wasn't very fond of flowers.

Looking back to my Davao experience, I was a brave little girl for wearing those orchid necklaces. I wore them as long as Nikki did. (And that was a pretty long time because she was very fond of those lei as normal girls are). Besides, I couldn't get away from flowers even if I wanted as Davao is also known for its beautiful orchids. (If you ask me, "beautiful" is such a relative term).

In general, that was a very memorable trip with more stories to tell (and more images in my head) than photos to show.

One of the long weekends of August 2008. After so many years, I went back to Davao with Ate Monica. Because I'm about to go back to thesis work, I'll just let some of our photos speak for themselves. :D



Peak of Mt. Apo



Curious Eagle



A Page from Scrutineyes.


Happy Boat


Resting. Chema's by the Sea.


Davao Skies


Infinity Pool


Lights at Night


Droplets of Rain.


Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.