http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: The Padawan Files

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Monday, September 01, 2008

The Padawan Files

Tonight, I spent some time reading my old posts. It's nice to look back, to understand old thoughts, to remember specific moments, and to accept how one changes throughout the years.

There were pensive posts along with very bubbly ones. There were also some quick updates about everyday life along with very vague musings about human emotions.

I find it comforting that the important relationships I treasure have grown stronger from then until now. These relationships have been tested well by time and distance. And I will treasure them forever even as I gain new ones.

There were also several goodbyes -- both temporary and permanent ones. Even the brown rabbit, which this site was named after has gone to bunny heaven. But each one of those goodbyes gave me new insights about life.

And then of course there are the questions that we couldn't live without. I remember an author who wrote that not knowing what happens next in a story makes readers continue on until they find out what's in store at the end. Maybe it's the same thing with life. When we don't know everything that is yet to happen and we recognize that uncertainty, we feel that we want to know more and continue on.

Sometimes I get to hit a spot in the zone which enables me to write so-called "quotable quotes". They only become "quotable quotes" when friends say these specific lines have inspired them in some way. If there's anything I can consider as one of my happiest moments as a blogger -- it's when I learn that what I wrote made a difference even to just a single person.

And now, the Padawan Files continue as I try to receive life's surprises with a certain level of openness. And as I try to face changing circumstances with confidence in my abilities to adapt.

Blogger nina said...

"When we don't know everything that is yet to happen and we recognize that uncertainty, we feel that we want to know more and continue on."

can i make this as a quotable quote? hehe! continue blogging..continue inspiring..and most of all continue being pretty inside out. *vhugs*

September 03, 2008 12:42 AM  
Blogger ~LALA said...

Hi Nina. Sure! Be my guest :) And thank you so much for appreciating some of my written works. As I said (or wrote), that means a lot to me. Take care!

September 04, 2008 12:30 PM  

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.