http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: President Barack Obama

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

President Barack Obama

I've been watching debates of Obama and McCain on YouTube, reading the Inquirer for updates, and basically surfing the internet for US Election news whenever I wanted to think of something else for the past days.

In the process, I found a twisted video made by a McCain supporter that tried to connect "this" and "that" to come up with a tainted image of Obama. It didn't work. And maybe it's because we're all used to that. There are individuals who create and spur news just to promote another person. Those things don't work especially when people are fed up with particular systems and know for a fact what they need.

Obviously, I'm all for Obama. Although I did not vote for him because of the sole reason that I cannot do so (I am a Filipino living in the Philippines), a lot of people shared the same sentiments I kept. :)

With 349 electoral votes, Barack Obama is the new president of the United States. A lot of people are celebrating all over the world as I write this. It is, after all, world history to sweep off the elections the way he did and to be the first "Black in the White House". This says a lot about the people and the voters of America. I guess it's true that people in crisis tend to think of what is necessary.

From the little islands of the Philippines, people have been used to crisis for so many years but we too are awaiting the changes that this new presidency would bring. I wonder if we would also find someone to symbolize hope and catalyze change when it's our turn to vote this coming 2010.

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.