http://www.one.org Follow the Brown Rabbit...: Four Seasons for my silent readers

Follow the Brown Rabbit...

In stories we've heard and seen, some followed a White Rabbit that led them to adventure. This time however,you've followed a BROWN one named Padawan. Pada lived in our house,hopped on tiled floor,ate under the table,urinated&defecated by the door leading outside,and outlived 11 others.
I name this Blog after him.The brown rabbit who shared the same skin color as his surrogate family.Resilient&adaptive.Adventurous in his own rabbit way. October 2002 - April 2007

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Four Seasons for my silent readers

This post is for all those who visit my blog and feel a bit disappointed to see nothing new. Thank you for letting me know that you drop by and read! :)

Just in case it takes me another year (hopefully not) to write anything, here's a poem written by one of my students last year.

The author is a ten-year-old girl from Australia who transferred to my class mid-year. This is her seatwork in my Language Arts class. Take note that each one of her stanzas stands for a season, which I think is simply brilliant. :) Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!


Nature
By Dani Stephenson

The sun is shining in May
I feel so free because I stay
If I touch the sun I’ll grow
And when I do everything will flow

When the leaves fall down in the rain
They turn red and seem to sway
I watch as they fall to the ground
Then they stop there and make a mound

The snow is falling on my face
As it falls down my finger starts to trace
I see a light on top of me
It is the sun I can see

Everything is starting to grow
But because winter ended there’s still some snow
I see a flower and I glance
Then I start to be in a trance

Piso for your thoughts!

<< Home

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a

Creative Commons 2.5 License.